 Castle / 1170
Re: New Castle Sucks (so far...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 17:02:28 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Mike Steele writes:
In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
I think I'd prefer a brighter colored maiden hat (not that I'm
complaining about the return of the piece!)... black just seems so
wrong...  Seems like a widow's color...

Maybe it's appropriate for the queen to be wearing black.  King Leo's got
an awful lot of axes hanging around in precarious positions, and accidents
do happen...

I honestly don't understand why people have complaints about the Queen Leonora
minifig, *especially* her hat.  Black is a great color for the hat because
it can have so many uses -- good or evil, young or old.  And since it's a
neutral color, it's now possible to have a maiden in any theme at all
without risk of color clash!  (Let's face it, a Black Falcon maiden just
doesn't look right with a bright red hat on, and the white one is just too
hard to get in large numbers.  (I've only got one white hat to my fifty
gazillion red ones.))  Besides, the Queen Leonora head, torso, and gown piece
are *fantastic*!  I want to get tons of them!  That head would look cool on a
Blacktron I fig....  Almost makes me wish I was a Space person.  :)

Rick Kurtzuba has some complaints but is overal *extremely* excited about the
new Castle