  *78419 (-100)
  Re: Brick variations (was Re: Part variation noted)

(...) <SNIP> Yes they do. It gets very annoying when building with old 1970's bricks. I know, because I have over 100,000 bricks from before 1980. When I built my new red LEGO Cathedral, I took pains (and pain is the correct word here) to make sure (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Postage prices???

Buy the set. Mail it to me. I'll take it to the post office. You'll have it in 3-4 weeks (depending on Xmas). The cost would be ~$33 for insured shipping. I get my shipping costs from: www.parcelforce.com. The cost of shipping two this way would be: (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  RE: Tilt

Ok, here's another idea. I just ordered my first rotation sensor...and note that I do not know the details of this sensor yet. Would it be possible to attach a pendulum to the rotation sensor and use it to measure the amount of angle? If so, you (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Curious thick white gear with the slipping hub

The white gear should be packaged and sent to: Doug Wilcox 30 George Street Brockton, MA 02302 :) (I keep trying ...) --Doug Wilcox WordSmith Digital Document Services 403 VFW Drive Rockland, MA 02370 781-871-6162 fax 781-871-6264 (URL) 24868783 - (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Old Parts replaced by Newer Versions?

(...) For this piece, the only measuring gear you need is some LEGO pieces. Check to make sure the diameter & positioning of the clip is the same on both the old and new pieces, and (assuming they are the same) modify the original file. The current (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Tilt (fwd)

----- Forwarded message from Pete Hardie ----- Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 08:40:21 -0500 Subject: Re: Tilt (fwd) From: Pete Hardie <pete.hardie@dvsg.sciatl.com> (...) But if the contacts are on top and bottom of the tube, the bubble will separate them (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Good Trader List proposed

(...) Actually, I'd rather like the idea of a comprehensive list, rather than an exclusively bad or exclusively good list. For example, let's say Joe X. is a "bad" trader. Suppose 14 people have dealt with Joe and have all gotten burned. If he (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Polybags

(...) I need to reverse my trade deficit so I can use up the packing I'm saving. I have no need to save polybags for packing... (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.fun.crafts)

  RE: Tilt

(...) As one who collects pinball machines (I have 10 now), you are refering to a plumb-bob tilt mechanism that is in use on the newer pins. (...) Right. There is a metal rod to which the plumb-bob is attached (a solid metal cone shaped item) and a (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  LEGO Star Wars Show (?)

Ook gezien op: (URL) vraag: "Waar wordt de grote LEGO Star Wars Show gehouden?" Of ben ik ook hiervoor te laat? -- Greetingz... Sjaacko (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.nl)

  Received my RIS 1.5 Upgrade Kit

Hi, FYI...I received my RIS 1.5 Upgrade Kit form S@H Canada on Monday...about 2 weeks after ordering it. It was free and I didn't even pay S/H. The postage on the box was about $3.45 (Can.). Nice surprise, since I figured it would be months in (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Gratis LEGO tegen inlevering van Airmiles bij V&D

Misschien een beetje laat... nog tot 3 december (denk ik) Gelezen op (URL) Welkom in het pakjesparadijs van de Sint. Sinterklaas heeft enkele hele speciale cadeau's op een rijtje gezet. Neem snel een kijkje! V&D is geopend op de volgende extra (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: Crappy Plates!

(...) At the two McD's I checked out, the promo sets were kept in a bid abutting the heated food-transfer chute. Dave! (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What colors do bricks come in?

(...) Alien vomit yellow (as opposed to beer yellow, the color of classic space canopies). Just kidding. "Antifreeze" seems to be one of the most common appelations. In our household we call it "vidalin," after the name of a brand of liquid vitamins (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  MindStorm competitions (rcx on univ.)

Hi there, Has anybody list of universities where the MindStorm is used? I`m looking specially for research areas, where RCX (or RCXes) are used as part of complex system (and this is controlled by neural net, evol. alg. or something like this). I (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Partsref is Moving to LUGNET

The LEGO Elements Image Catalog, currently at (URL), is in the process of relocating to a new home on LUGNET. See it at (URL). Right now, the catalog is at both locations. This will continue at least until the next release of new parts for LDraw. (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Bad Trader Alert!

(...) Umm... just a suggestion-- it's probably not a good idea to post addresses and phone numbers to Lugnet unless they're your own, although I don't think I'd be so adverse to posting the email address... But thank you for the trader warning! (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: WalMart vs WalMart

(...) You've had much better luck than I have, then. I tried this with the Mystic Time Lab set (great for parts!) this Spring - on clearance for $25 at 1 Wal-Mart (bought 3) but still full price ($80?) at another. The grouchy lady there wouldn't (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Good Trader List proposed

One thing which can be a problem with a "good trader" list is the implication that if you're not on the list, you're a bad trader. I see this a lot with eBay. How do you get yourself started (a big part of my suggestion - don't kick off with your (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.theory)

  RE: Tilt

Another solution for detecting tilt would be the kind of tilt device used in old pinball machines (I don't know if it's still used). I'm not sure how to explain it, but I can give you a similar example: Hold a pencil at the end between your index (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  LEGO on the news

Fox 4 WDAF will be doing a short segment on my town layout and Scott Paschen's Model Team and Technic collection. The reporters are interviewing us tomorrow, so I suppose we could be on the news as early as Thursday night. I'll try to post a (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: Tilt (fwd)

(...) But if the contacts are on top and bottom of the tube, the bubble will separate them from conductive fluid, right? (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: IR scanner

(...) That's my fault - I missed the button on the calculator, and so the fps value in my original post was off. (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: right.....IM BACk

(...) You could hit the Print Scrn button on your keyboard to create a screen-grab and then paste it into your website editing software. I'd really like to see this ship. F (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Happy December!

Yay, it's December 1st! Time to breakout #1298, the Advent Calendar!! (Celebrate the little things in life.) -r'm Remy Evard -- evard@mcs.anl.gov -- www.mcs.anl.gov/~evard -- 630.252.5963 Manager of Advanced Computing and Networking, MCS, Argonne (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Crappy Plates!

I managed to get a handful of the pink set that has a 2x8 plate. One evening I was mindlessly snapping a stack of them together. After I had six of them together I noticed that the edges did not line up flush. I pulled the thing apart and noticed (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Postage prices???

Pat <patrickemerson@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:FM1nqv.6tM@lugnet.com... (...) would (...) factor (...) If you got someone to order it for UK delivery, open the box and just send the pieces to you surface mail (4-6 weeks) it should (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Part variation noted

I have 2 stud long Technic axles without the 'easy to pull' notches that were from the old Expert Builder series. When I came out of my dark ages, I got a few new sets, and saw the new 2 length axles with notches, I cheered. Most of my old ones have (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Canadian Tire

(...) 2885 is a really great buy at that price. Every single pieces has multiple uses. Is the mini-drawer considered a rare piece? (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Will's Instruction Auction

I have decided to auction off the "spare" instructions found in a copy of the Airport Shuttle. Terms of this little exercise are as follows: This is a G1, G2, SOLD auction with advances occuring approximately every 24 hours. Bids and payment shall (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Lego on Amazon's front page this morning

No discounts, though. They do feature the RIS as a "high-tech" toy. -Tim (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: SDK observations

By the way, Eric has the resistor values for the different touch switches at his web page: (URL) Brok <brok@fcjsvc.hvu.nl> wrote in message news:FM1zqu.1s2@lugnet.com... (...) will (...) be (...) the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: Offline AFOLs

(...) We could hang around outside TRU on Sunday mornings preaching the good brick. Repent sinners! Let Todd into your life! -- Liam. (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Brick variations (was Re: Part variation noted)

Mr L F Braun wrote... (...) have (...) Yeah, all my 1x1 round plates have the LEGO logo in all sorts of weird angles... *trying to get more serious* Looking at the Naboo Starfighter SW set I notice that the sloped bricks have their LEGO logo printed (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: part # request.

Yes, I have. It comes with the Shell station, a set you can (IMHO) only buy in The Netherlands (for now). I will look the part number up. If you model this part, I will try to create the LDraw instructions for the Shell station... Greetingz... (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Lid worden van LUGNET

Ik ben al lid ook... Dave Jost <djost@cybertrails.com> wrote in message news:FM22Lu.5Jx@lugnet.com... (...) met (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: right.....IM BACk

(...) no, sorry. I am not that good with making pictures of ldraw models. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Starting out in Ray

If you are running Windows 95/98/NT and have 1) installed POV-Ray for Windows ((URL) and 2) copied l3p.exe ((URL) to e.g. C:\Windows (or to any other directory in your PATH) and 3) installed LDraw in e.g. C:\Lego\LDraw then type in a DOS-box (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Household uses for LEGO

In the company that I work for (a manufacturing company focuses on products from Al/cu pipes for appliances industry), we generally design and produce our own machinery to produce something specific when the production numbers are high. The (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Ben's Millenium Falcon on Swedish television!

Anders Isaksson wrote... (...) recommended, (...) Yepp, I saw it too. I think it's great that LEGO builders and AFOL gets prime time TV exposure. Later the same evening a program called 'Mosaik' had a series of interviews about loyalty to the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 'Minifig World Tour' i Sverige

(...) En hel del tror jag... Har fått ner lådorna och har börjat sortera lite... Hittade både den svarta och blå rymdgubben, men de är väl en hel del nyare än de vita och röda å gula antar jag. Jag vet att jag har den gamla avfyrningsbilen (Bilen (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Starting out in Ray

Jamie Obrien: [ asks for a ray tracing howto ] While we are waiting for a good ray tracing howto you could have a look at this information: (URL) somebody could write a short ray tracing howto, I am sure Tood could be convinced to host it under the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Lite tjat... (off topic)

[ Ogsaa sendt til Norge og Danmark, hvor man har samme problemer ] Simon Lundell: (...) Astronomer Mot Orddeling [1] har en lang liste med eksempler paa "mystisk" orddeling. Leg godt, Jacob (54. sjef i AMO) 1) <URL: (URL) > ---...--- -- E-post: (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.no)

  Re: Lid worden van LUGNET

Update 2 Mark is is Lugnet lid.... Gerard... inbehandeling, envelop ligt klaar.. Sybrand... in behandeling, envelop ligt klaar.. Zover ik weet 4 leden uit nederland (niet slecht in anderhalve week tijd)...OF zijn er al meer leden...??? als er verder (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: IR scanner

(...) Um. Your frequencies are out somewhere... There is a factor of ten 'slip' in the figures being used here. In fact your oscillator needs to be at ten times this frequency for a 1ft/Hz measurement. (the figure in the first line should be (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pirate ship with sawn hulls

I like it fine, and the hull looks most interesting. How did you join the two bow parts together, and the two stern parts together? Chuckiem wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: reference material

And if anyone similar reference material from the 16th to 19th centuries (pirates era), especially forts and docks, I'd love to see it. :) -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman www.theforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Star Wars www.filmforce.net | Your Daily (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Any ideas on how to do this with Technic?

I see. I understand what you're saying. The main thing I'm looking for in this case, though, is a constant downward speed which does not accelerate. Your ideas are interesting though, I will probably incorporate them into future projects (a working (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) I took my extra majisto figs and turned them into traveling merchants and highwaymen using extra hoods and hats from wolfpack and forestmen sets. I agree that the majisto fig offered several creative opportunities. My current favorite is (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Jonathan Knudsens LEGO Mindstorms bog

(...) Jeg har lige bestilt bogen ifølge Bokus skulle jeg nu få en ordrebekræftelse inden for 3 hverdage (senest mandag) på bogen, via Email. Af den skulle det fremgå om bogen er på lager eller de skal bestille den fra forlaget først. Bogen skulle så (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.no, lugnet.loc.se)

  IR proximity

I've managed to get a proximity detection working in legOS, using egcs 1.1.1 as the cross compiler. It has a very short range, and I haven't yet tested if the NQC variants have better range. If that is the case, I believe somebody will have to fix (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: in Frankfurt next week?

Hi Larry, (...) Don't look for any sin in Munich, though. Bavaria is a Catholic state and the sin has to stay out of town, for Christ's sake. You have to go suburbia, but there it wouldn't be too hard to find unless you're colorblind and take bright (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.de)

  Spare parts for sale...

Short and sweet message... I have lots of spare parts and minifigures from my own collection and acquired from other sources such as friends, garage sales, and ebay. I have some pics of town, space, imperial guards and pirates. I have sent out more (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  SDK observations

Did you notice the mentioning of three types of touch sensors? This refers to the color coded switches from the Cybermaster set. Appearantly they will show up in Mindstroms sets sooner or later. Also it indicates there will be *only* these three (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: LegOS 0.2.2 on Win95 (almost) - NOT

I finally succeeded in compiling an egcs-1.1.2 compiler for cygwin with the patch for enhanced RCX interrupt support applied. The bad news is: this doesn't change a thing. I still get "error deleting program". I can see the send light on the tower (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Tpyes of Cybermaster?

Germany has/had metal box too. Eric (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster)

  Re: right.....IM BACk

(...) juggernaut. Do you have any pictures in jpg or gij format? (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Colors for a part?

(...) FG> Good idea, yes. Most of the tow trucks I've seen in Norway are FG> red. But the blue connectors are somewhat hidden in the 8462, so FG> it is probably no problem to use the black ones from 8450 in FG> stead. (...) FG> As for the chairs, (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.build)

  8462 Tow Truck modification.  [DAT]

Hi all! Here's a little dat file that documents how I managed to put a six cylinder engine in the 8462 Tow Truck. It is only connected to the middle wheels, unfortunately; the pneumatic cylinders used for the tailgate take too much space to put an (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas)

  FA: Red Train Windows AND Glass

4 Red Train Windows and trans light blue glass. The auction is set for only 3 days. No reserve. See them at: (URL) Click on train pieces. Thanks, John (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: in Frankfurt next week?

(...) Das stimmt, aber dafür ein großes LEGO-jahr ! Live hab´ich auch mal gesehen, nicht schlecht, nicht schlecht. Viel Spaß und grüß Sabine und Kai. Wir müssen mal ein DELUG Mindfest organisieren... dö (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: in Frankfurt next week?

Bad news :( Arrange a new business trip to germany in summer then ;) There will be lots of fleamarkets and the beergardens are open too ! Well, Frankfurt is in the middle between Hamburg and Munich. I guess we have a little bit of both...nah, we (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: MLCad wishlist (was Re: Ice Cream

"LP" == Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> writes: LP> When the colors pop up, tell me the LDraw color numbers. Also, let LP> me pick 16 as a special choice. I can't right now tell if it's one LP> of the grays, not there at all or what. (I may hack (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Good Trader List proposed

(...) You know, part of my reason for being so free about trading on LUGNET is that I know what the general cost of being a weenie to regulars here is: censure from this community. I don't know about you, but LUGNET is such a big chunk of what (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Canadian Tire

(...) I think Tony left out "each." He got each set for $1.49 plus tax. :) Bryan (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Who needs some Spare Parts?

(...) Sounds good to me. I have a few parts I could do without, and a few I'd chew through steel to get a hold of. What do you suggest? We just list parts wanted/for trade, or something a bit more sophisticated? How about a jambalaya box? Pete (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.au)

  All Parts from Mos Espa Podrace set#7171 on E-bay!

To All; I have posted several parts lots to E-Bay for my roommate Tony. He has a few extra sets he wants to sell off, so he wants to post all the parts on E-bay of the 7171 Mos Espa Podrace. Since he does not have access to a credit card, I get to (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: I can't get no 6557 action! And I've tried.

Mark Lindsey wrote in message ... (...) am (...) someone (...) in (...) Mark, I was at a toy store in Petoskey MI, (area code 616) called Games Imported that had a few town/divers type sets. They may, and I mean, may, have your set. But they were (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Motor not turning - help please

After taking apart a micromotor (red motor) that wasn't working, I found out that the reason why they sometimes get stuck is because the internal gears use such small plastic teeth that sometimes they don't mesh well. Plus, since they are plastic it (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Brick variations (was Re: Part variation noted)

(...) Interesting question: Has anyone noticed that some bricks now have their stud-top LEGO logos at odd varying angles? I've received several that have been at strange variance to perpendicular and to one another. LFB (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Magnetic couplers

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999 03:44:27 GMT, "Larry Pieniazek" <lar@voyager.net> wrote: <snip> (...) Counting spine cars as multiple cars is indeed a prototypical practice. Train length on the NS computers is calculated by the number of cars you have. Once you (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Mindstorms seen in australian pc world

there is a small section in the gadget column of the december issue of australian pc world referencing the mindstorms RIS. It is only a few paragraphs about what it is/does but it is good to see that pc world is smart enough to recognise that which (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Scan of the mindstorms DDK inventory page

Does anyone have/can someone make me a scan of the mindstorms DDK inventory page? I have a text inventory but because it uses so many unknown pieces I want to see first hand what the different pieces look like -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2000 sets should appear this weekend

(...) Yeah, but last I saw, about 90% of Canajans (as the Canadian side of my family calls it) live within 100km of the US border. That border's pretty porous, so I'd bet you can just hop across at your nearest border town and buy 'em (unless (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: right.....IM BACk

(...) is so massive that it is well nigh impossible to build. It also uses lots of parts in colors that they do not exist in (for example clear orange aquazone windscreens and domes) -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Tilt (fwd)

Radio Shack used to sell mercury switches. I have a couple here that would probably work quite well. (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: IR scanner

That STILL is NOT the correct value for the speed of light! It is 186,000 * 5280 = 982,080,000,000 feet per second (approximately). To get 96,720,000 you must have multiplied 186,000 * 520. - Nick - (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  4561 modifications

Has anyone made any modifications to 4561. I think it COULD be a nice train but it needs help. And I need some help for ideas. I was think of a commuter like in Chicago. Help. Mike (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  FA(eBay): Castle weapons, shields and Robin Hood hats

16 small triangular Royal Knights shields (URL) egg-shaped Royal Knights shields (URL) egg-shaped dragon shields (URL) green "Robin Hood" hats (URL) gold crowns & 10 silver swords (URL) grey castle swords (URL) axes, bows & arrows (URL) Email: (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Motor not turning - help please

(...) Are they known to respond to this? We had a motor that was frozen the moment we got it out of the bag, so I'd love to get a new one. -Luis ###...### Profanity is the one language that all programmers understand. -Anonymous ###...### (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: right.....IM BACk

I feel your pain my friend. You asked a genuine space related building question and no one has any input. I would venture to think the reason is because they all build wimpy little fighters :) Sure, we could all smack a few pieces underneath a (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: IR scanner

=>From: "Matthias Jetleb" <jetleb@netcom.ca> =>... =>A couple of quick points here: Your value of 96,720,000 ft/s, while =>accurate and sounds extreme should be considered in it's proper context. [My summary: the timescale involved in measuring the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pirate ship with sawn hulls

(...) Oh man. You sawed the hull pieces in half? That's so cool. I'm in awe. And I haven't even gone to look at the models yet. -- jthompson@esker.com "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily" (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Postage prices???

I just looked at the toyshop.com site and saw the much talked about 40 GBP Technic Shuttle. According to my exchange calculator that works out to be about $64.....not bad....but the shipping???!!! I live in the US and it would cost me 32.28 GBP or (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Motor not turning - help please

Rob Libby writes: > Hello all, > I have had a couple of the new motors kind of lock up. It doesn't happen > all the time or to the same one. The motor will be working fine then I shut > down the power for the night or just to redesign and it locks (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Aquanauts/Aquasharks visor question

(...) Okay, granted, excellent parts, but really! A submarine with a big 'ol bulldozer thingy hangin out front causing MAJOR drag in the water?!? Didn't they ever study aerodynamics? Oh well... Aaron (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  reference material

Need diagrams and floor plans of castles and docks. Where on the net can I download this information, preferable of castles from the mid to late 1400. Where are websites that provide detailed plans of castles, battles, and sieges. (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crappy Plates!

(...) Not that so much as more *warped* plates than I recall being normal in the McD sets. Perhaps that is due to bad handling by McD (or me) rather than bad QA, though... (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Motor not turning - help please

Hello all, I have had a couple of the new motors kind of lock up. It doesn't happen all the time or to the same one. The motor will be working fine then I shut down the power for the night or just to redesign and it locks up. I an put a large tire (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Crappy Plates!

I've also noticed alot of plates from the McD's set seem to have a lot of signs of stress marks, I wonder if they didn't get a bad batch of ABS in. It wasn't prevalent on all of the plates. Which might account for what you are seeing below, maybe (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Magnetic couplers

(...) pulled (...) Reconfirming this, we just set up our basement tree and I put a folded dogbone layout around it. This takes up a bit more floor space but gives a LOT more running room than a circle. (see Nik's party page for an example folded (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Re: Tilt (fwd)

----- Forwarded message from Matt Ramadanovic ----- From: "Matt Ramadanovic" <matthew.ramadanovic@yale.edu> Subject: Re: Tilt Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 22:43:55 -0500 What if you made a device like a level but with a fluid that conducted electricity (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: IR scanner

Your numbers aren't quite correct. The speed of light is 982,080,000 fps or 0.000,000,001,018 seconds per foot. That yields a value of 0.002036 microseconds for a "radar foot"; 12 inches out, 12 inches back. You are NOT going to measure distance (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 99 advent calender on lego.com

(...) the (...) Where is the first game? I can't find it. I see a pic of a Throwbot that says "Play the first game" but it does not link to anything. Am I missing something? Anyways...GO BLUE!!! (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tilt

What if you made a device like a level but with a fluid that conducted electricity better. When the bubble is in the center it wouldn't be completing the circuit (off). When it on the side, it would complete a circuit (on). Just an Idea. Matt (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

Skipped 8 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.statistics, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact