 General / 11041
Re: Brick variations (was Re: Part variation noted)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 10:59:27 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote...
Interesting question:  Has anyone noticed that some bricks now have their
stud-top LEGO logos at odd varying angles?  I've received several that • have
been at strange variance to perpendicular and to one another.

Yeah, all my 1x1 round plates have the LEGO logo in all sorts of weird
angles...

*trying to get more serious*
Looking at the Naboo Starfighter SW set I notice that the sloped bricks
have their LEGO logo printed in different angles. All 45° slopes and 30°
(?) slopes have the logo printed with the slope pointing left. But the
20-25° (?) brick (2x4 slope) got it printed with the slope pointing down.

Also, it seems all bricks and plates has the logo printed 'standing up'
on one of their short sides (difficult to tell on the 1x1, 2x2 and so on).
Except (there had to be one, right) the 1x2 one stud plate, haveing the
logo printed inside the stud as laying down, as does the hollow studs of
the 1x2 hinge top (I don't have a 2x2 hinge top at work to study).

Ah, while watching the brick 2x2 with rounded top and 2 studs (30165) I
figure that all hollow studs has the logo printed this way... Except the
30359 Bar 1 x 8 with Brick 1 x 2 Curved Top End of course. =)

// Eric (stud-ying pieces)