 General / 11048
Re: Brick variations (was Re: Part variation noted)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 14:56:15 GMT

Kevin Loch wrote:

ABS bricks from the early seventies also have the tear-offs on the ends.

KL

<SNIP>

Yes they do.  It gets very annoying when building with old 1970's bricks.  I
know, because I have over 100,000 bricks from before 1980.  When I built my
new red LEGO Cathedral, I took pains (and pain is the correct word here) to
make sure that those tear-offs were not showing on the outside of the
building.  So I had to make sure that those thousands of 1x1, 1x2, 1x3 and
1x4 red bricks had the tear-offs were facing the interior of the building, a
royal pain in the butt.  I much prefer newer LEGO, where the tear-off is on
top of the brick.

Another thing about those tear-offs that "frosts my pumpkin", are the 50's
and 60's 1x1 white bricks with numbers and letters on them.  25% of them
(naturally one out of 4, since there are 4 sides to the bricks) have the
tear-off on the same side as the letters.  I hate that!

My 2 cents/pfennig/centimes,
Gary Istok