 Robotics / 8681
Re: Motor not turning - help please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 04:11:41 GMT

Rob Libby writes:
> Hello all,
> I have had a couple of the new motors kind of lock up. It doesn't happen
> all the time or to the same one. The motor will be working fine then I shut
> down the power for the night or just to redesign and it locks up. I an put a
> large tire on it and turn by hand to get going but this does not seem right.
> The motors are not that old and don't have alot of hours on them.

Yup, that seems to be what happens.  It's a known problem.  I must
admit not having thought about putting a large tire on it.  That was
clever.  Call Lego Customer Service and ask for replacements.

--
-russ nelson <sig@russnelson.com>  http://russnelson.com
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | Government schools are so