 General / 11043
Re: Crappy Plates!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 13:25:08 GMT

I managed to get a handful of the pink set that has a 2x8 plate. One evening
I was mindlessly snapping a stack of them together. After I had six of them
together I noticed that the edges did not line up flush. I pulled the thing
apart and noticed every single piece was evenly warped. They all had a
slight curve to the right (of course depending on how you hold it). I have
seen plates warped up and down but never side to side. Did anyone else
notice this one?

-Nick

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ...
In lugnet.general, Tamyra Teed writes:
I've also noticed alot of plates from the McD's set seem to have a lot
of signs of stress marks, I wonder if they didn't get a bad batch of ABS
in. It wasn't prevalent on all of the plates. Which might account for
what you are seeing below, maybe it's too stiff and it won't break off
clean from the mold.

Anyone else notice this on the plates in their sets?

Not that so much as more *warped* plates than I recall being normal in the • McD
sets. Perhaps that is due to bad handling by McD (or me) rather than bad • QA,
though...