 General / 11050
Re: Crappy Plates!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 15:19:42 GMT

Anyone else notice this on the plates in their sets?

Not that so much as more *warped* plates than I recall being normal in the
McD sets. Perhaps that is due to bad handling by McD (or me) rather than bad
QA, though...

  At the two McD's I checked out, the promo sets were kept in a bid • abutting the heated food-transfer chute.

Plus they stick them in a bag with hot fries and a burger.  Fries right out
of the vat are probably hot enough to warp Lego.

But so tasty!  Since I was mainly interested in the sets, I just bought a
burger.  Apparently the the greater fry-heat has a more sharply detrimental
effect on ABS, because I haven't noticed much warping.
  Is the effect especially prevalent in the pink plates?

     Dave!