 General / 11051
11050  |  11052
Subject:
Giving bad trader info (Re: Bad Trader Alert!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 15:34:38 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Eaton writes:
Umm... just a suggestion-- it's probably not a good idea to post addresses and
phone numbers to Lugnet unless they're your own, although I don't think I'd be
so adverse to posting the email address... But thank you for the trader
warning!

Hi people
This is the second time I've seen the suggestion to not post addresses or phone
numbers and I'm curious.  Why is it not a good idea?  Is it a matter of
possibly being sued somehow?
If it's just a matter of not being nice, why would you care about being nice to
a bad/rip-off trader?  I'd be tempted to do the same thing that David Simmons
is doing if someone took my money (or set) and ran.  Please enlighten me.

Thanks.

..joseph g