  *379368 (-100)
  Re: Drake Equation (was: Re: Some great Space info and dicussion)

I thought the Drake Equation was: Massive Collection + Endless Aquisition = Tha' Original Freak ;) In lugnet.space, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes: (snippage of great stuff) (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pre - Classic Space rears it's ugly head again

(...) Damn that's fine. Quick, build some more! :) (...) I first saw your models in the Brickfest pictures just after I came out of my dark age. Needless to say I immediately put your brickshelf folder into my favourites and embarked on a search for (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: piccola pubblicità - gennaio 2003

(...) ...manda, manda!! Ne voglio uno subitooo!!! :-) Ciao Giulio (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Immer noch wahr: längst vorbei - Xmas 2002. (& Kleckse nicht vergessen)

In lugnet.loc.de, Johannes Koehler writes: Mahlzeit mal wieder! [Promotion] (...) Ich weiß nicht, ob ich mich da mitfreuen darf. Ich habe seitdem zwar etliches geschafft und habe nun eine Ziellinie vor Augen, aber es ist (leider!!) immer noch ein (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Tangent between two circles in 3D space?

(...) More or less... there are 4 tangents to the 2 cylinders that happen to be on the circles. (...) Some thoughts that could perhaps (with [lots of] work) lead to an iterative solution: - Select one of the circles, then choose one radius of this (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Kim Jong Il unfolds into Giant Robot

gundam style (URL) will america do now? -lamh (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: x-wing

(...) It appears they have sold out already! Here's hoping they make a few more. I exect there'd also be a market for a reissue of the Snowspeeder and perhaps even the AAT? Scott A (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Introducing Mech Cat

(...) click on the image until your browser URL ends with .jpg (or whatever file extention you have used) and copy/paste it here we can all se it (them) before it's moderated. Stuff that ends with "gallery.cgi?f=xxxxx" needs moderation. Best (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Tangent between two circles in 3D space?

(...) Yes. This *is* the ultimate (and probably universal) solution, although we probably need to be able to find one of four cylinders between any two circles in 3D space. You are thinking in terms of pulleys always on the outside of the band. With (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  sensori

basta! ormai ho deciso e nessuno potrà trattenermi! incurante del pericolo e delle ore che sottrarrò al sonno, ai fumetti, ai giochini, all'amata, agli spuntini ed (last AND least) al lavoro, mi lancerò nell'autocostruzione dei sensori Mindstorm. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Un-Zweifelhaft: Wo ich bin , Part IV?

(...) Mahlzeit! Ich bin ja auch ein Troll: hier gibt es derzeit ja noch Pünktchen, da wir uns gerade erst bei ca. 80 Punkten befinden. Na egal - zumindest ist dieses Verfahren nun wasserdicht erprobt. ;-)) Gruß Ben (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Zweifelhaft: wo bin ich III?

In lugnet.loc.de, Johannes Koehler writes: [Hallo, wo bin ich?] Man könnnte testweise mehrfach eine Antwort posten, um anhand der 'Gabel' zu sehen, wo man ist... Testweise Grüße, Ben (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Zweifelhaft: Wo bin ich II?

In lugnet.loc.de, Johannes Koehler writes: [Hallo, wo bin ich?] Man könnnte testweise mehrfach eine Antwort posten, um anhand der 'Gabel' zu sehen, wo man ist... Testweise Grüße, Ben (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Zweifelhaft: Chatlog?

In lugnet.loc.de, Johannes Koehler writes: Kurzes Mahlzeit, schmetter! [Chat-Log = fricxxxx] (...) Was würden wir Deutschen nur ohne Bayern sein? Zumindest weiterhin ohne Legoland! Meint, Ben [Wo bin ich?] (...) Mit Verlaub, das ist ein blöder (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Add me to NC Roll Call please.

"Nick Goetz" <ngoetz@iquest.net> wrote in message news:H93M71.1JA@lugnet.com... (...) get (...) Joe Meno is working on a meeting, I suspect he will post something soon with details. Mike -- Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - North (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: Town Radio (Was: Minifig generator)

Ah! I think the one at the PT is fine, so why not put in an update? It has been going on from September 14 2001 to November 28 2001. Still the version we have now is not good. I personally think I am putting the file in my parts lib for I need a (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Aldershot Lego Fest Roll Call

Here is the list so far 1.Simon Bennett 2.Chris Dee 3.Mark Palmer 4.James Casey 5.Huw Millington (Maybe) 6.Peter Reid 7.Jason Briscoe 8.Rhys Knight 9.Michael LeCount 10.Steve Lane 11.Michael Edwards 12.Phil Traviss (Maybe) 13.Jason Railton 14.Tony (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Starship is Go for Launch!!

Galactic Greetings! You may have seen brief comments in earlier posts about the development of the Starship RPG by-email game (which gives everyone a reason to build more MOCs of brick). As of this morning, the game is ready to take off. The main (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.space)

  Castle's Revenge !

[Copied to .announce.moc, because that's what it is. Copied to .castle because of the influence of Anthony Sava's works as well as other roots in that theme. Copied to .build.mecha because I kept having 'visions of escaflowne' while building this. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Tangent between two circles in 3D space?

Hi Kevin, I think common tangent to circles is too restrictive, since rubber belts tolerate quite a lot of misalignment. ((URL) the problem should be reformulated as: Two circles in 3D space define two cylinders orthogonnally extruded from them. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 3rd Party Applications and Parts Generation

(...) I use a little, cheap and very trashy cad-prog called "reflections" and 3d-studio to convert it's dxf-files to dats. If you are interested to have a look at the dxf-files let me know. willy (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Town Radio (Was: Minifig generator)

(...) May be the PT could give us some clues: (URL) willy (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Seam width

(...) Please see (URL) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Drake Equation (was: Re: Some great Space info and dicussion)

(...) A minor tangent, but it's got a pointer to a neat toy. The Drake Equation (1961) is the classic articulation of the potential for technological--and communicative--civilizations. There's a neat toy at www.seti.org, too, that lets you plug in (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Some great Space info and dicussion

(...) That too requires the target civilization to recognize it (the energy wastage) for what it is. If there *is* wastage to detect in the direction of the target--again, not something we can be sure of, necessarily; it may be that one has to be, (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Looking for a book

Ok, put your thinking caps on. I'm looking for a book on Lego robotics. This book was probably published in the mid or late 80s and featured robotic ideas with Lego and Fischertechnic. It was possibly American in origin. The motors featured in it (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.books)

  Introducing Mech Cat

Hi All, A recent post by TJ Avery really got me itching to build. In particular I was really excited about the little MicroMIBO at: (URL) a cat person I naturally had to create a feline counterpart. I'm happy enough with the results that I posted an (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: thePrisoner

(...) Thanks, glad you like. (...) Feature compression of mini-figs with all the bland-blond-bureaucrat ones... ah twos!? :) (...) ;) Best DaveG (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.build)

  piccola pubblicità - gennaio 2003

Ciao Sono arrivati tutti i set nuovi - Star Wars, sia i mini che quelli grandi - Orient Expedition : veramente bellissimi ... PS per Giulio due set (i più grandi contengonoi un "dado" Lego originale ... ti manderò una email con la foto :) - Basket - (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Mardi 21 Janvier 2003

[ Titres des News ] o Articles: LegWay, Steve Hassenplug et freelug.org sur la TV américaine ! (Audiovisuel) o Web: Les Bionicle (Bionicle) [ Détails des News ] o Articles: LegWay, Steve Hassenplug et freelug.org sur la TV américaine ! ---...--- (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.fr)

  Re: Pre - Classic Space rears it's ugly head again

Chris, That Starfleet Voyager X1 just takes the cake! I really like what you have done. You made it modern, yet kept the soul of the original. Kudos! The reason that I like the Starfleet Voyager X1 is that the original was my first big Classic Space (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Star Wars minis and Orient sets arrived

(...) Wait 'til your Yeti meets the Belville Ice Castle 'Fatso' polar bears, they will sit on him and pop the arms out of his sockets ;^) (...) pete.w (Bring back fig packs !) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Star Wars minis and Orient sets arrived

They're here THEY"RE HERE???? *SQUEEE...EEE* I've been DYING to get my mitts on those mini's I wonder how long till they cross the "great divide" (bass strait - I'm in tassie) Better stash some cash aside. :D *dances off into the distance with glee* (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Star Wars minis and Orient sets arrived

(...) I hope they make it to Brissie soon. The Lego shelves are looking a bit empty around here at the mo'. (...) <nerd> Wampa </nerd> Allister (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: My modular castle creations

Jon, These sets are excellent. I love the modular idea. Your livery stable is a must have for any castle. Ben (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Poldo's auctions,1 day left

Hi all, just a quick note to remind you that I'm running the last wave of auctions on bricklink,featuring garage parts,lot of wheels,transparent parts..... They will end in less than 24 hours . Here's the link: (URL) as usual,click on "show all (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Dax att handla!

(...) Stämmer bra, både fällningen och att det är Coko som Biltema säljer. LEGO stämmer nu ett antal underleverantörer, bl.a. i Norge så jag förmodar att det är Biltema's källa. /Tobbe (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: 3033 on the shelf again?

(...) I bought 120 tubs last week and am unpacking them now. Only have 24 here, the rest to be picked up weekend after next from layby. I started documenting the batch codes (4 digits, printed in black on side of tub) and the contents within. Only (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Brickswest

(...) Well, I hope you can make it. Perhaps a day trip is possible? I don't envy your position though. Man, several more months of sleepless nights await you (as you're already aware). I'm going through that nightmare right now and can't wait till (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Ideas for Brickswest sessions

(...) LOL! Rick, I never thought anyone would use an analogy with Lego and a strip club, but you certainly did it! Now I have to go explain to my wife why I'm laughing at the computer. Jimmy P.S. So you've never been to LLC or a strip club? Curious (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: My New Characters

Wow all that time I spent, making theses figs, and only 2 replys about them......I'm hurt.....ow well i hope you guys will take the time to look at my stuff, and maybe drop a few words in a reply... I'd appriciate it. Laterz. Joey (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Star Wars minis and Orient sets arrived

Perhaps I missed a staff meeting, but there's a decent range in Bowral Toyworld (top marks again). The AT ST is cool, I'm a bit ambivalent about the rest. In any event, these ses sure are greebliful - perfect for those trying to get the fractal (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: New Lighthouse

(...) Wow, sure is big! I'm sure all of your fans in Lego would be greatly interested in the back story to those unique characters depicted in the pictures, especially the native american. The fact that the lighthouse appears to be built on a pile (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: The Pelican flying boat

(...) Excellent! You've captured the catalina style flying boat very well. The working landing gear is a nice touch (am I right in thinking it's not weight bearing, though?) The fold out living quarters are great too. Cheers Richie Dulin (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Pre - Classic Space rears it's ugly head again

(...) What a cool little ship. Love the cockpit detailing. Actually the detailing all around is well done, especially the nozzles. As for the color choices, I really like the white. And it photographs well:) Joe Meno (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC: Willys Jeep with variations

I wonder, Bill, if you are thinking of the civilian CJ series. This MOC is of the military Jeep, where I do believe the flat hood is prototypical. This also explains the low door and high back, which is opposite to the arrangement on current (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: The Pelican flying boat

(...) Ha! I saw it before you posted and was waiting for you to announce!!! Good job! Reminds me of the flying boat that James Bond used in The Man with the Golden Gun...the plane that gets blown up by Scaramanga. Anyways, the color works well for (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Seam width

(...) In LDView, I do a few things. First, I check to see if the file I just loaded is a part. In order to be a part, it has to satisfy two criteria. First, it can't be the child of a part. Second, it has to either be in the LDraw Parts directory, (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Debut MOC: Castle Earthflower

(...) Hello! I enjoyed your brickshelf photos! I like the owl roost and the tree especially. Very cool of you to incorporate the blue into the design. Keep it up and welcome!! -Aaron- (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Spring Meeting and Moonbase Modules

(...) Hi Pat, I've been trying to figure out this monorail stuff in conjuction with the modules and here is something to consider on top of what we already talked about. The ramp parts consist of two parts that take the monorail up (or down) a set (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: My modular castle creations

Mr. John Furman sir, That is very well thought out and nicely done. I am very impressed with your acheivement of what all of us have been thinking of. The only change I would like to see might be different knightly characters (think armor like in (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Brickswest

I am still on the fence, as I will have a very pregnant wife. Several of the SCLTC guys will be there and a few will even be giving a presentation, although we will not be showing a train layout. I guess I have until the 1st to make up my mind. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: AT-FT - All Terrain Field Transport

(...) lol! Our family has a bulldog, and I just spotted the 'look' in your walker. (...) "poor lads?" They're Stormtroopers! They can handle it! And anyways the troops can use the winch as a zipline, with the the remaining troops on board as well as (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Luke Skywalker: Project LIGHTsaber

I finished Darth Vader tonight. He took me a bit longer to do. It seems he was unwilling to cooperate. (URL) click on Creations... One click shortcut to Creations page: (URL) Hendrix" <rhendrix.removebefo...g@cei.net> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Add me to NC Roll Call please.

Hi Craig. I am in Greeville, NC. Still a bit a a drive but maybe we can get to Raleigh in one car when the time comes. I will keep an eye out. -Nick ngoetz1@cox.net Please note my email address becuase I cannot get the one in LUGNET fixed. (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Tyre 24x14

Hi, I'm just wondering if the .dat file for this tyre exists or is being worked on anywhere. It's the tyre seen in the Jack Stone Police Cruiser ((URL) I found the wheel in the unofficial parts and just need the tyre to go with it. It doesn't even (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: A few new bots... and a bit more

(...) Well, this is just my personal preference mind, but I like cockpits with lots of control panels and lights. It's a little hard to tell what's in yours (this pic gives the best view (URL) but it looks a little... I dunno... empty. It doesn't (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: LDraw Infotip Shell Extension DLL

(...) parts directories, researching parts stuff... :) (...) This version is very nice, just as it is. :) But if you were to figure out to make LDraw files display rendered images in Explorer's "thumbnail" view, that would be awesome... Steve (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Pelican 3 made for the sea

The Pelican 3 is a heavily modified SeaPlane built to have all the comforts of home while you travel the world. The discovery wings channels had a special about flying boats all last week and i just had to build one. LMKWYT -Semaj (URL) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Name for part 42607 ?

(...) I think "Wing 6 x 12 with Pins and Hole" would be a good start. Steve (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: My modular castle creations

I couldn't agree with you more Jon. We castle fans don't need any fancy new pieces to make us happy; just a reappearance of castle sets. Those modular sets you're created are exactly the kind of thing I want LEGO to bring back to the market. I've (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My modular castle creations

I love this stuff. In my wildest dreams Lego would pick up on this. Perhaps when the HP license runs out. I think the design is perfect. Reminds me of the old 80's castle lego made. The blacksmith shop, the seige tower, the guarded inn, stuff that (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Et In Arcadia Lego: DiAxis

(...) I pretty much agree here. But, Paul, I think it would be better if the cockpit was up in the rear. ;-P. --Kyle (URL) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mechastruct Contest Winners

Thank you Tony for holding the first Mechastruct Mecha Building Contest. You did a great job. Thank you for the wonderful prize and I hope we hold more contests in the future. Everyones enrty was great! But how about that Bush Master from Ryan! That (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Debut MOC: Castle Earthflower

(...) Very cool design. I saw this on brickshelf about a week ago, and never heard anything about it. The blue makes it very remarkable, I like it. The tree and the foliage are cool too, very inspiring, I might have to steal that. And then very cool (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pre - Classic Space rears it's ugly head again

(...) Maybe you missed these: (URL) modular units, smaller than the modular land buildings and no restraints but free in 3D? like this:? (URL) also saw a MIR but forget who made it. Thats about it. (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: The Pelican flying boat

(...) (URL) I forgot to post the link... (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: The A.R.C.

I really really like this! Its huge and just great! I like how the middle (knee joint?) looks and it almost seems like a reversed knee design. It gives the impression of being strong. Although I get a sense of how big it would be IRL, how big do you (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Wanted: One 4x4 Blue Radar Dish with spiral pattern

"Rob Doucette" <lego@nospam.doucettenet.com> wrote in message news:H93FHz.6w9@lugnet.com... (...) Yup, thanks. For some reason the part number from peeron wouldn't bring up any hits. I didn't make the mental leap and think of searching for "spiral" (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Images from SCLTC's Latest Shows!

(...) Ed- The In-N-Out Burger has been all 8 SCLTC layouts so far. Here are a few more pictures that are on www.scltc.org. We have taken some nice high res shots, but haven't posted them yet for some reasons. (URL) the interior of the restaurant is (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Pre - Classic Space rears it's ugly head again

(...) Much appreciated. (...) Eh, to each his own :-D We'll be seein' some color soon in the P-CS timeline. (...) Moc's with wheels and I never have gotten along. But rest assured I'm tryin :-D (...) Welcome to .space Have you checked out the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Some great Space info and dicussion

(...) I assumed we were talking about actual space warfare, not science fiction.. Anyhow, you misunderstood me, I did not mean to imply that future space vehicles would utilize primitive chemical propellants, I was referring to hydrogen or (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  10013 Blue Passenger Wagons... From 4534

I have a few Lego Express sets I wish to sell eventually. Acknowledging that there is am exclusive Blue Passenger Wagon, I was considering parting the sets out instead. Would there be any interest in Blue Wagon by itself and if so, how much per each (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Et In Arcadia Lego: DiAxis

(...) I'll tell ya what I think... cool man. You are the master of cool shape and function! Your bringing this to brickfest... and yes you are coming to brickfest. Rotating seat, excellent. Teeny tiny landing gear... dude! Colors, awesome. Good to (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pre - Classic Space rears it's ugly head again

(...) Thanks. The style and color aren't supposed to be Classic Space, just the grandpa of it. As these ships develop, tech becomes smaller and more space effecient, then the ships get simpler (ok it's all silly thinkin' in me brain). As to the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: bored bored bored....

Oh man! I missed my boys post! How many Worm Gears do you have? And how much Technic? Or.... How many hindges do you have and what kind? (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Pre - Classic Space rears it's ugly head again

great stuff! Although I personally prefer black on blue or blue on white over grey/white. I liked the way you made the 45° angle work with wings and nose. I agree with the other guy, many concentrate on either the modular buildings or the killer (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Debut MOC: Castle Earthflower

(...) use of greenery. (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New poster, new MOC

Hey, welcome to .space Bennie! Those look like really interesting MOCs. The prospecter has a really interesting look around it, especially around the cockpit area. But I really, really like your third ship. The look is really cool- the front, almost (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A few new bots... and a bit more

(...) That's an interesting perspective. Glad you liked it- it was one of those MOCs that you start building at 11 PM and finish early next morning- they are almost always the most inspired ones. (...) :) My technicians are working on it. Thanks, (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pre - Classic Space rears it's ugly head again

Wow! That is all really nice. The style and color scheme of these, while not really near Classic Space in my book, is very cool. The new one I like a lot. The short, fat, bulbous look really works. And the interior is great, too. I really like how (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  February RichLUG Meeting

The Richmond Lego Users Group (RichLUG) will be holding its next monthly meeting on Saturday, February 1, 2003, from 12:00 noon to 5:00 pm at the Tuckahoe Library on Parham Road. General fun with Lego is on the agenda. Check out our website (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.va.ric, lugnet.org.us.richlug)

  Re: A few new bots... and a bit more

(...) That's the idea I got when it was finished. A sort of robotic 'pet' that one would see in a store window and buy. (...) :) The name seemed to fit... (...) Thanks! I just had too many wedges laying around... had to do something with them. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A few new bots... and a bit more

(...) Yeah, I wanted a pretty serious MOC there. No little space-fluff floating around there, just dirty mechanical- just built for one job. -JHK (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Wanted: One 4x4 Blue Radar Dish with spiral pattern

(...) Lots on Bricklink: (URL) think its the one you're looking for, -Rob. (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: A few new bots... and a bit more

(...) :) Glad you liked bill. I wanted to make a bot with personality, yet still remain true to the nature of a clunky bot. -JHK (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A few new bots... and a bit more

(...) Thanks! That was the look I was getting for. (...) Yeah, I really like little one-man ships. I wanted to make a little speedster here, and I was looking for a nice engine touch. (...) Thanks for the response! -JHK (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: My modular castle creations

Thanks a lot for your compliments Richard. I really appreciate the encouragement! IF we ever got sets like this, or they made these pieces available from the website, I think I'd pass out! Jon (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My modular castle creations

Jon, this is lovely, and you've set yourself a hard problem. The thing that seems not quite in theme about it is the monochrome colors. Most Lego castles have a spot of color, a red, black, or blue roof. It keeps the minifigs smiling. -Erik (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My modular castle creations

Bruce, Thanks for your comments! The walls can only connect at the ends of the walls at this point. Yours is a good Idea however, I think that it would work as well. This is my first attempt at this type of roof, so I'm glad it turned out well. I'm (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My modular castle creations

(...) battlements), but the concept is excellent, and the execution is very good. The Great Hall is especially nice---things like the fireplace and the food give ideas for what to do if you get the bricks to rebuild larger, but are cleanly executed (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Images from SCLTC's Latest Shows!

I agree! My favorite is the In-N-Out. Any more pics of that? Ed (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: My modular castle creations

(...) This is the girlie (arwen) princess. The actual female warrior (Eowyn) that belongs in this series would be a shop at home exclusive. I haven't posted year two, or the mid year releases either, as I figured this thread might get trashed, and (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Images from SCLTC's Latest Shows!

(...) Thanks for the kind comments, Tim. We have been told that this is the first LTC layout ever with 4 separate train levels. Planning was extra important for this one. We actually made a 3D LEGO model of the layout, using 12 x 24 green bricks to (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Robbie - the latest in mining technology

Duane, That's a COOL little 'bot! I like that! It looks very versatile, and wonderfully SNOT-ty!! Peace and Long Life, Tony Alexander (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Wanted: One 4x4 Blue Radar Dish with spiral pattern

(URL) None on Bricklink but I would bet there's someone out there who doesn't need this. Name your price. [ j o n ] -- | Lego - (URL) Shipyard - (URL) Moonbase - (URL) Store - (URL) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  My continued idea...dunno how this will fly.....

(...) Good idea, Aaron! i would say lower class houses would be probably the same size as shops... perhaps a bit bigger. and upper middle class houses would be larger than that. dunno how much bigger; not alot, probably. Yeah, i agree with you about (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  New poster, new MOC

Hello there. My name is Bennie, I've been lurking around for a little while now, looking through things like Brickshelf.com and the galactic shipyard, and occasionally reading a post here and there, and I decided to finally post something of my own (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Images from SCLTC's Latest Shows!

Congratulations again on what looks like another great show. I am really impressed with your layout. It looks tremendous. I just love the mountain with multiple tunnels and bridges. I just wish I could see it in person. Looks great. Play well. Tim (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: My Website

(...) Ask Tamy Teed if she still has some of these. (I'm thinking from like a year or so ago.) Or is willing to share her "secret recipe" with you (or all of us!) Tanya (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

Skipped 13 messages in groups lugnet.admin.statistics, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact