 Castle / 15630
15629  |  15631
Subject:
My continued idea...dunno how this will fly.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 15:59:54 GMT

Very good thinking on your idea, brings more creativity to the table.  Of
course, if it is a group project rules would have to apply to acceptable
construction sizes and locations in relation to other structures.  My
thinking is that you could also divide the environment into East side vs.
West side (ghetto vs upper-middle class) and have construction and materials
available limited to reflect zoning, wealth or cleanliness.  Walls don't
have to be the same as long as the colors and sizes blend well to unify the
city.
Nice!
If I ever have time on my hands to contribute, count me in!!
Keep it up!
-Aaron-

Good idea, Aaron!
i would say lower class houses would be probably the same size as shops...
perhaps a bit bigger. and upper middle class houses would be larger than
that. dunno how much bigger; not alot, probably.
Yeah, i agree with you about walls. hopefully, if everbody gets together,
the wall peices can be joined, such as in the MOONBASE project.

I was trying to figure something else out: Campaigns.
also, what one would DO in a campaign. How would a campaign be chronicled?

Idea for a campaign:
A group of Castlers could get together and use LUGNET to post back and forth
what the object of a campaign is. Then, they could "buy" the materials etc
from the marketplace to go on the campaign.
They would have to figure out what the campaign is for: Conquer new land,
find gold, etc. I thought that if it was an adventure campaign, the idea
would be to collect richs etc. if it was a counqering campaign, then you
would have to collect wood and other stuff. then, you could "bring it back"
and sell it at the MM.
ROAD-BLOCK!
im debating how a campaign would work.
How could the campaign members gather what they set out to get? how would
they be able to map the terrain they are going over?
Im currently working on that. any suggestions would be great!

That is, if anybody likes the  basic campaign idea....

Aramir