 Marketplace / Shopping / 3960
Re: Coming Soon ... Brickbay.com (Replacement for Bricks)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 15:44:06 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, D. Jezek wrote:

I don't think there are close to 4,000 sets or pieces ever made so when you
want to sell parts/sets, it might take 21 seconds (or less) to download.

The current Pause set lists (see <http://www.lugnet.com/pause/lists.html>)
have 3656 sets listed.  And Pause is known to be incomplete.

TLC has released information about the number of parts in production at one
time.  The information was in a press release, from the last year or two.
I don't remember the exact number stated, but it was between 2000 and 3000.
So call it 2500.  That's the parts in production at one time.  Which is a
good number for your purposes, because the vast majority of parts sales are
going to be un-used parts extracted from recent sets.

So you've got 3600 sets + 2500 parts = 6100 core items as a rough lower
estimate.  Just an FYI.

Steve