 Marketplace / Shopping / 3936
Re: Coming Soon ... Brickbay.com (Replacement for Bricks)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 18:49:17 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Dan Jezek writes:
I'm really leaning towards the solution that you couldn't buy from more
multiple sellers at a time.  You'll have to checkout at each individual store
first before buying from the next one.  Just like in a real life shopping
mall, you either pay for the items you buy before leaving the store, return
the items back where you got them from or just leave them and let the store
empoyees clean them up.  Brickbay should function just like that.

I agree separate checkout for each store is a good idea but it would be cool
if each buyer could have more than one shopping cart open at a time.

In a mall you go to one store and look for everything on your list, then go to
another store and repeat the process. At your site buyers have the option to
look for one piece at every store, then look for the next piece at every
store. Sure, you could track your findings by hand then run through each store
individually to make your purchases but putting items in separate carts as you
go would be a lot more efficient.

Or maybe it's all in one cart that's displayed broken down by store but when
you're ready to buy you cycle through purchase finalization steps multiple
times. I haven't seen anything like this in action but as long as you make it
clear that each separate store in a cart means another checkout (and another
shipping charge) I'd think users would glom onto the workings pretty quickly.

I don't see this as a make-or-break option though, at least on start-up. Maybe
a cool future enhancement.

Doug