 Marketplace / Shopping / 3950
Re: Coming Soon ... Brickbay.com (Replacement for Bricks)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 23:23:56 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Christopher L. Weeks writes:

Cool.  I'll look forward to seeing more in the future (days, weeks,
months...what's your estimated timeframe?).

The site is almost completed except for a seller registration section and
contains 40 pages but so far, you can only sell parts there (it was originally
designed for parts only).  It should be up and running with an internal set
reference guide and a partsref with the ability to sell anything Lego-related:
parts, sets, boxes, instructions, t-shirts, masks, posters, software, etc. in
about 3 weeks.  There is so much more stuff to add though like selecting from
multiple layouts that you want your store to look like (rebadging), the
ability to punch in a set number and getting a result of all the parts in it,
color and quantity and let you select only the parts and quantity you want
from it.  That is not hard to do but will not be included in version 1.0.

Before the system goes live:
I'll need testers: about 10 people who would go in and start banging against
the database all at the same time by building up their inventorys, adjust
prices/quantities, buy items, and basically try to destroy the system to see
if it can handle the traffic.  I can test most functions of the system myself
but can't test when more than one person is using it at the same time since I
got only 1 computer.  Also, it would be cool if someone tried to break into
the members section (without having the proper priviledges) by whichever means
necessary to test the security setup.  Would anyone be up fot this?