 Announcements / 598
597  |  599
Subject:
Coming Soon ... Brickbay.com (Replacement for Bricks)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 09:37:06 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Folks,

I've been working on a more sophisticated version of what you see here:
http://www.aloha.net/~danjezek/lego_sale.html
Only it will be a fully automated multi-seller version written in ASP/VB
Script connected to a back-end DB where once sellers register, a link will be
created to their store on the main page with their store name and the number
of parts they have available.  They will be able to start building their
inventory through forms and will get exactly what can be seen above only much
more efficient.
A search box will be located on the main page that will search the whole site
for the parts you need and list that for example John has it for $0.05 cents a
piece and Joe for $0.10.
The full features and benefits are described below:

For the buyers:

* Easy way to buy parts through a shopping cart
* First-time buyers will have to register and pick a login name/password.
Your address will be stored and next time you come and buy something, you just
have to supply your login/password and won't even have to fill in your address
again.
* No more of this: "sorry, I don't have those pieces.  They were sold a while
ago before I could update my page".  The inventory will be updated
automatically as people submit their orders.
* Log into myBrickbay and view your all your orders/order status online and
leave comments to the sellers about a particular order online also.

For the sellers:

* Once registered and approved, a link will be created on the main page to
your store.  Your store will be made up of what you see below:
http://www.aloha.net/~danjezek/lego_sale.html
The left frame will display your parts and part counts.  The right frame will
be your own to either supply with an HTML page hosted on the server or on your
own site (this will be an option when registering as a seller) listing your
shipping/payment/etc. info or anything else.
* Log into myBrickbay and start building your inventory through pull-down
menus.  When registering, you will have the option to supply a URL where your
images are hosted or use the ones currently available.
* View/update/delete items in your inventory and adjust the quantity/price for
each item.
* View orders placed and have the ability to "backout" an order which will put
all items in that order back in your inventory by clicking a button.  Adjust
the order status to "shipped", "completed", etc. and leave comments to the
buyers.

Basically you'll be able to buy/sell anything there that's Lego-related
including parts, complete sets or custom kits.  The system is now about 95%
completed.  What I'd like to know is how many people who sell parts/sets (or
would want to sell parts/sets) would be interested in selling there?

Thanks for reading this.

D.