 Marketplace / Shopping / 3924
Re: Coming Soon ... Brickbay.com (Replacement for Bricks)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 00:13:00 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.shopping, Julie Krenz writes:
In lugnet.announce, Dan Jezek writes:
Folks,

I've been working on a more sophisticated version of what you see here

To reiterate. Someone's going to get first mover advantage. Dan has a • great
head start. Todd, if you let this slide because you want to get it just • so, you
are going to have to be WAY better to catch up.

Remember, Serious Collector is WAY better than eBay. But who had first • mover?

This market is lockupable and this market has huge N**2 connectivity
advantages. Get lots of users first and you will be unstoppable... Move it • or
lose it.

Just thought I'd toss that grenade out and now I have to board my 747.. • see you
from Germany, perhaps...

I concur that the first one to do it right will win.  Dan's site looks like
the best shot of that.  I for one will be doing a lot more parting out in
the future if I can find a way to make it easier.  Your site looks like it
would do that.  I also want to part out large sets, but I don't because of
the time involved in selling so many pieces.  I could foresee myself parting
out a lot of sets through this...

Mike Poindexter