 Marketplace / Shopping / 3917
Re: Coming Soon ... Brickbay.com (Replacement for Bricks)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 18:28:02 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Dan Jezek writes:
Folks,

I've been working on a more sophisticated version of what you see here:
http://www.aloha.net/~danjezek/lego_sale.html

Ooooh...

A search box will be located on the main page that will search the whole site
for the parts you need and list that for example John has it for $0.05 cents a
piece and Joe for $0.10.

As a buyer, I would like to be able in put in a list of parts, not just one at
a time, and have it return a list of who can satisfy my demand.  Vendors who
have them all, could appear first.

* Easy way to buy parts through a shopping cart

As an offshoot of what Larry said, if I could put muliple vendors' product into
my shopping cart and then make one payment for all of it that would be wildly
more attractive from the buyer's perspective, not just the sellers which was
Larry's focus.

For the sellers:

* View/update/delete items in your inventory and adjust the quantity/price for
each item.

Can I run scripts that cause price fluctuation based on whatever?  (e.g. based
on: other vendor prices, quantity remaining, quantity at other vendors', etc?)

Can I input negative quantities indicating that I'm looking for, and willing to
pay the price per?  That would be handy too.

Basically you'll be able to buy/sell anything there that's Lego-related
including parts, complete sets or custom kits.  The system is now about 95%
completed.  What I'd like to know is how many people who sell parts/sets (or
would want to sell parts/sets) would be interested in selling there?

I am.  I'm interested in getting out of my quarterly auction cycle and having
an ongoing straight sale/trade site.  This would be perfect if the price is
right.

Thanks for reading this.

Thanks for writing it!

Chris