 Marketplace / Shopping / 3918
Re: Coming Soon ... Brickbay.com (Replacement for Bricks)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 19:25:20 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
I've been working on a more sophisticated version of what you see here:
http://www.aloha.net/~danjezek/lego_sale.html

Ooooh...

Looks good, doesn't it?  :)

As a buyer, I would like to be able in put in a list of parts, not just one at
a time, and have it return a list of who can satisfy my demand.  Vendors who
have them all, could appear first.

Not only that, I think the functionality of being able to create your own
wants-list, like Larry and Tom have now, and have the system store those and
then e-mail you when those parts do become available.

And maybe on the sellers' side, when I enter an inventory (which could maybe
someday mean entering in a set number and the number of copies I have of it),
the system could identify buyers who have those items on their wants lists.

As an offshoot of what Larry said, if I could put muliple vendors' product
into
my shopping cart and then make one payment for all of it that would be wildly
more attractive from the buyer's perspective, not just the sellers which was
Larry's focus.

Ah, that would be easy (depending on how you look at it) for the buyers but it
could also be a nightmare.  Assuming you could submit a single payment (maybe
to someone who could then disperse it to the individual sellers, and only via
something like Paypal or X.com (I can say that as a seller I am this close ->
<- to only accepting electronic payment - too many trips to the bank to
deposit $5 here, $11 there), there would have to be some sort of added fee for
that (nobody's time is free).  But think of the potential shipping costs.  You
buy from 4 sellers, maybe only $2.00 worth from each, so an $8 order.  You
could, conceivably, end up paying as much or more total to have those 4 people
ship items to you...