 Marketplace / Shopping / 3952
Re: Coming Soon ... Brickbay.com (Replacement for Bricks)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 02:23:41 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Dan Jezek writes:

It should be up and running...in about 3 weeks.

Great.  Maybe I'll be done with this round of auction by then and will be • ready
to start a small shop on your site.

There is so much more stuff to add though like selecting from
multiple layouts that you want your store to look like (rebadging), the

Are you just letting us design whatever - with plugins to the DB, or are you
writing a shop design wizard or somesuch?

More like a selection of layouts you can pick from.

ability to punch in a set number and getting a result of all the parts in it,

This feature all by itself will have lots of little features to attend to.  It
is important that there be some kind of independent and multiple user
verification and that when I punch in a set number, it tells me how many • people
have confirmed the counts.

Before the system goes live:
I'll need testers: about 10 people who would go in and start banging against
the database all at the same time by building up their inventorys, adjust
prices/quantities, buy items, and basically try to destroy the system to see
if it can handle the traffic.

Well, if you need us to literally bang on it at the same time, scheduling • might
be a problem.  Also, since your going to be conducting this as a pay service,
you might consider offering something (like three months free service, or
whatever) to reward the time spent for the folks that help test to certain
criteria.  I'll gladly help if I'm available when you need the help.

Yes I guess I could offer some kind of reward:  free parts.  I think I also
have 700 light grey slopes left over from an ebay auction which didn't meet
the reserve price.  And let's make it fun.
For every bug you find I'll give you a buck worth of free parts.
Whoever can _first_ break into the members section and accomplish some task
example:  listing all my orders received and order details and putting all
members in "suspended mode" will get $20 worth of free parts.  Of course then
you'll have to tell me how you did it so I can fix it.
To make sure that more than 1 person doesn't report the same bug, I'm going to
have to design a bug-reporting section which will list the name, page URL and
bug description sorted by date entered.  Whoever enteres the bug first will
get the reward.
This means that people could also report any bugs that occur ON the bug
reporting page :-)
Of course this means that I could be focusing more on other more useful
features instead of stupidity but if we're going to go this route then let it
be interesting.