 Marketplace / Shopping / 3921
Re: Coming Soon ... Brickbay.com (Replacement for Bricks)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 21:59:31 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Stanley writes:

<auto inventory creation>

Ya. and...

When I tell it I have a set, present me with the contents so I can say "keeping
these, keeping these, keeping 1/2 of these" instead of assuming I am parting
the whole thing out...

And to verify that the set-contents stored in the innards of Brickbay.com
actually match what you picked up from the store.  Stuff happens, and
sometimes set-contents vary.  The seller's got to be able to modify the
selling list, or he's going to get stuck with unhappy campers when they try
to buy things he auto-listed, and doesn't actually have to sell.

Good point. Just make sure that the site presents the information to the buyer
early on in the order construction process (here is where frames are good, show
me the order as it is being built in one frame while I build it in another) so
the buyer realises that 4 shipping charges are being paid (one flat 3.20, one
based on weight for first class, one based on dollar value starting from the
prio base rate, and the final one based on weight AND dollar because that's
what the sellers each individually chose for their shipping algorithms when
they were uploading) and let the buyer maybe pay 15 cents apiece for the blue
frombles instead of 14 so that he gets to pay only *3* shipping charges. All of
a sudden that extra 1 cent per part gets to be a bargain instead of an extra
cost.

Yah, man.

If the 'buyer wants' data is included in the site, Dan could have a reall
LEGO parts exchange on his hands.

Steve
Steve