 General / 51777
Re: Ideas and Suggestions for LEGO S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 24 Sep 2005 00:44:55 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kelly McKiernan wrote:

  • What do you think LEGO would never do that you’d love to see?

1) Bring back minifig packs for themes. I’m on my knees begging for this. What was so wrong with 5 or 6 bucks for 4 or 5 pirates? I find it infuriating that my KKII collection has more “named” good knights than mindless badies. Seriously (I’ll use KKII as an example here), its great that a castle comes with 5 defenders and only 2 attackers, as long as theres a way to supplement either side. The idea behind the town minifig packs that they have is great, but it only appeals to town people. Any theme that they stick with for more than a year should have at the very least a small minifig pack that is available (even if only online).

2) Someone mentioned this already, but since we’re in a dream-state here, a roleplaying or table top strategy game (especially one with useful collectible elements) would rock. They’ve done random packs of things before (bionicle masks), why not have random packs of weapons and equipment that served some purpose in a game setting.

3) Of course, better bulk brick selection, but I think this point has been beaten into the ground with this thread. :)

4) Strictly from a sales perspective, if they want a guaranteed bulk brick sale, make tan slopes available (including corner slopes). Seriously, who, at one point, hasn’t wanted to build the cliche pyramid. I know it’s overdone, but come on, hands up. You know you have. Don’t lie.

  • What types of themes/concepts should LEGO stay away from?

Sports.

  • Are there any community projects/products (Moonbase? Great Ball?) that you’d like to see turn into a LEGO set?

Not really. Most community projects are great because they weren’t dreamed up at LEGO.

  • (And as a follow-up to the last question – are there any projects/products that LEGO should stay away from?)

Things that aren’t based on the brick.

  • What types of products/themes/concepts do you think are missing from the assortment over the years?

More recently, a nice long lasting (non movie based) theme. Pirates, classic castle, these were great for years because everything worked well together. That doesn’t really exist anymore.

  • Are there things missing in general? On box? In the instructions? In the box materials?

Instructions do need to be a little clearer in regards to colors. It has already been said, but dark gray and black are nearly impossible to tell apart.