 General / 51775
Re: Ideas and Suggestions for LEGO S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 24 Sep 2005 00:59:12 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   The LEGO Ambassadors have been asked to provide some suggestions to the LEGO Shop at Home people about what types of things we AFOLs would like to see offered or available from S@H. This is a good opportunity for you to make a serious suggestion that will get passed on to those who are in charge of S@H. Of course, this in no way guarantees that any of the suggestions will necessarily bear fruit, but you never know until you suggest. I’ll collate the results by the end of the weekend, although that doesn’t necessarily mean later posts will be excluded.

This is a theoretical discussion, so there are no limitations on suggestions. Of course, things like “free bricks for everyone” and other implausible suggestions are likely to not make it through the review, if you get my drift. But as far as topics go, this is a “sky’s the limit” discussion.
  • What do you think LEGO would never do that you’d love to see?
  • What types of themes/concepts should LEGO stay away from?
  • Are there any community projects/products (Moonbase? Great Ball?) that you’d like to see turn into a LEGO set?
  • (And as a follow-up to the last question – are there any projects/products that LEGO should stay away from?)
  • What types of products/themes/concepts do you think are missing from the assortment over the years?
  • Are there things missing in general? On box? In the instructions? In the box materials?
Thanks for your contribution!

Kelly McKiernan
LEGO Ambassador

Probably the first an easiest suggestion i would have is pick a brick from s@h then maybe copies of old and new plans for sale which would include a list of needed components to complete the model the plans are for, ( this would increase pick a brick sales). Then on the theme side maybe have a look at what sold well in the 1980,s and see if lego can expand on these range’s. It may not be a huge list but this would be simple for lego to do with minimal cost’s to get started. michael dickinson