 General / 51787
Re: Ideas and Suggestions for LEGO S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 23:12:37 GMT

"John Gerlach" <gmltc_j1@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:In9v6o.1ytG@lugnet.com...
The ability to specify LEGO to 'ship complete order', instead of sending
me
stuff in multiple shipments.

I've had orders where part of the order was shipped right away, and part
of the
order was back-ordered - so it was shipped later.  And, because I had
spent over
'n' dollars, I got a freebie -- which was shipped separately from the
other two!

Why spend to pack and ship three boxes, when I would have been perfectly
happy
to wait for everything to arrive in one box?

Actually, it means a logistical quandary for LEGO - where do they store your
order while waiting for the rest of it to arrive or be manufactured, and if
they've already got part of it anyway, why woudn't you want it right away?

A lot of places don't have a very large shipping department, this is because
they don't want to spend money maintaining a vast and mostly empty space.

I do agree though that they could save money and pack the freebie with the
second box.  ;)

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde