 General / 51801
Re: Ideas and Suggestions for LEGO S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 25 Sep 2005 04:25:39 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tony Alexander wrote:
In lugnet.general, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
* What do you think LEGO would never do that you’d love to see?
          * A David Macauley-esque look at LEGO from design through production
and distribution - I've seen these on castles, cities, and transportation, and
they're really cool.  One about LEGO would be cooler.

The best idea I've seen here yet.  I think that the 20 second flash animation
that they had on the website about how a brick is made was cute, but obviously
nowhere near the depth desired.

I want to see a brick from conception (why is it needed, how shall it look) to
design (how is a master made) to full blown manufacturing details.  Then, after
we know about bricks, a set from conception to box, and all points in between.
I think that this would be something that only really appeals to AFOLs (more so
than someone looking for a present - unless the gift is for an AFOL).  And in
that respect, I think they could make it hardback, full of colored pictures, and
justify a healthy pricetage (ie if it was nice and large enough I wouldn't mind
spending $40-50 on it, sorta coffee-table book style).

-Jesse