 General / 51784
Re: Ideas and Suggestions for LEGO S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 24 Sep 2005 05:59:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kevin Wilson wrote:
**Real** bulk ordering.

People on Lugnet always ask for **Real** bulk.  But, I don't think there would
be that much demand for huge bulk quantities even on a worldwide level.  Sure,
there are some people that would buy several units at 5,000 parts each for
example, but on the grand scale I am sure sales of true bulk would be dismal.
How many kids want to buy 1,000 white 1x4 bricks and nothing else?  Remember
that to most kids, even 100 of the same brick is an enormous amount.

If an item is available in a typical bulk pack with quantity = 25 or 50 there is
no reason people cannot purchase 1,000 units if they want.  Sure, that's a lot
of hassle and packaging to deal with, but the option would exist.
Face it, it is easier to sell huge numbers of low-quantity parts packs than it
would be to sell as true bulk.

In my opinion, if LEGO came out with true bulk, I would consider them a bunch of
damn fools.  It just seems like financial suicide.

If true bulk did exist, sure I would drool over 5,000 count units of 2x4 bricks,
but I doubt I would buy more than two or three units.  Price would be
prohibitive, probably, and then I would have to deal with the huge quantities of
stuff all at once.  I think I prefer the option to buy in smaller quantities
with the knowledge that I can still purchase 5,000 or 50,000 pieces if and when
I am ready to do that.

____