 General / 51781
Re: Ideas and Suggestions for LEGO S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 24 Sep 2005 05:37:01 GMT

In lugnet.general, Steven Coallier wrote:
In lugnet.general, Kevin Wilson wrote:

- file conversion from LDraw format to LDD format, (so we don't have to use
LDD at all, ideally)

Good one Kevin!  I will Paypal ten bucks to the first person who comes up with a
way to do this.

We're going to work on this with LEGO.

Apologies to the authors, but LDD has one of the worst and most frustrating
interfaces of any 3D assembly/drawing/modeling program I've ever seen (and I've
seen many).  Heck, TLG should have just endorsed LDraw as the official way to
build for this, since they don't charge for LDD anyway.

I disagree.  For the same reason LUGNET should stay independant from LEGO, so
should LDraw.  I don't want corporate suits telling us how to run our project.

-Orion