 Castle / 5349
Re: Blood Stone Castle parsed!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:35:00 GMT

Jeff Stembel wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:
John Radtke wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:
(In addition, two of my favorite series of children's books had 'Caer'
castles in them. The Prydain Chronicles by Lloyd Alexander had several
Caers, and C.S. Lewis' Narnia chronicles had Cair Paravel.)

The Prydain Chronicles are one of my favorites, too!  I need to purchase
copies of that series...  :)

The Science Fiction Book Club has (had?) a single volume of the Prydain
stories.  I think there were five in that volume - is that all of them?

Er...mostly.  The main series had five books (_The Book of Three_,
_The Black Cauldron_, _The Castle of Llyr_, _Taran Wanderer_,
_The High King_.)  However, there are other books & short stories set
in Prydain.  The only one I remember offhand is (I think) _Coll and his White
Pig_, but I think there are 2 or 3 others.

There are at least two more:  _The Foundling and Other Tales of Prydain_, and
the book about Fflewder Fflam.  I *still* haven't figured out the name of that
one yet...  :\

A search on Amazon reveals: The Truthful Harp.  Long out of print, unfortunately.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0030656354/qid=963488035/sr=1-101/102-4744656-3148118