 Castle / 3979
Re: Blood Stone Castle parsed!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 15:34:01 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
<fog clears>...
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/inn.html
<snip>
Thanks! It's just that near such an amazing thing like the Blood Stone
Castle,
it shrivels away and transforms to a meek little mouse. :-)

You're in good company, in with that Yellow Castle. It's like fleeing an
Imperial Star Destroyer, it is.

Well, that's very comforting. :-)

<snip>
Castles and Keeps of Scotland...

Sounds like a great book for inspiration!

<snip>
"...and other houses of strength built by the
princes and barons of old time in the highlands, islands, inlands, and borders
of the ancient and godfearing kingdom of Scotland."

That's a great description. Can I coax you to scan some of these? Will bribery
do the trick? :-)

So, wonderful names of Scottish castles, illustrated: [..]
Dumbarton.

Such a dumb town! ;-)

Craignethan

I have to suggest that this is named after an ancestor of our Craig... :-)

This book looks to be chock full of good stuff.

Definitely!

<snip>
Meal by the way is Dutch from malen,
meaning to grind, and is the root of the word Maelstrom, for a dangerous
swirling stream. (Stromberg anyone?)

Well, Pawel has Strombachter. Maybe it's indirect but that might be the root
of the name.

Thanks for the great language enlightment! It's very interesting, forgive me
from sniping all over the place... I'll take notes of the other bloodstone
names.

-Shiri