 Castle / 3941
Re: purist modification, from(Re: Blood Stone Castle completed!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 09:27:11 GMT

craig hamilton wrote:

I   well this throws the "have you ever warped or broken parts" thread into a
new light of consideration!

Oooh, I must have missed that one...  But I've got a doozy involving 24
gray castle walls if the thread resurfaces.  :)

  bear in mind that a 1x1 plate with top clip on a 1x2 tile w/ single
centerd top stud would achieve the same type of base holder in a purist

Ick.  :)  Then you're suddenly at brick height with a slightly lesser range
of motion...

   there.  i've made one.

:)

  this new element has a cleaner look than the purist solution, though the
fit is a bit looser than i'd've thought. the side rod slides back and forth
a bit too freely. removing the side rod and pressing the grips of the hinge
holder together a bit solves this easily enough.  nonetheless, this make for
a cool custom element, which i can see many uses for!

Cool!  I just went ahead and made one too after reading about your
experience.  I can see what you mean about it having the potential to
slide, so I cut a notch in the side rod that was only as wide as the center
num in the hinge base.  That anchors it in the center.  All in all, I'm quite
pleased with it!

purveyor of the purism of modification, dubbed "craigoism" by jeremy sproat.

The purism of modifcation?  My brain hurts...  :)

Chris

--
Remove the nospam machine name in my email address to send a personal reply.