 Castle / 3922
Re: Blood Stone Castle completed!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 04:47:24 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
<breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out>

Wow, wow, wow.

My word, Dan, that is FABULOUS. Truly amazing. I don't think anyone will fail
to be moved by the picture of the 6075/375 YC shrinking next to your amazing
castle.

<bowing down> "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!" <gets up>

Oh man, words fail me. Seriously. This is really great. Wow.

Now my only peeve... not from you, from myself, yah?

I see the title "Blood Stone Castle"... something sounds familiar... <zot>
<fog clears>...
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/inn.html

Jerk, jerk, jerk! (again, that's me not you!) I saw your castle a looong time
ago, and I guess on some subconscious level, when I was deciding a name for my
inn, um, well... Geez, that's annoying. I knew I was gonna go for blood--
something, but to scrape out the "stone" exactly like yours... man, that's
weird.
Maybe I'll change the inn's name... but at least there's still two small
distinctions: a. you have a space in between the words, I don't and b. your's
is an amazing castle, mine a measly inn.

Well anyway.... as I was saying, your castle is too good for words. Really,
great job!

-Shiri

Thanks for the kind words!

I've always thought of excuses of why my castle models were made from red bricks
and I cam up with the Blood Stone "chronicles" years ago to help explain this
(the next installment on the site will go into it the why's).  However, if you
were the first to use the name I will gladly find some variation as to
distingish between our models.  We may have thought of the idea independently,
but it seems you were first to use it publicly.  How about "Gore Stone Castle"
ha!  I guess I'll think of something...

Dan