 Castle / 3958
Re: Blood Stone Castle completed!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 22:23:27 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.build, Daniel Siskind writes: • (snip)

I've been quiet these past few weeks (Gall durn busy work! We lost an
employee!) but I just have to say I am thouroughly impressed. This is truly a
masterful work. I can't begin to guess how many dragon master sets you have to
be able to do all those arches and all those banners! So will we ever get any
detailed pictures of the interior? (the towers, shops, etc?)

I loaded up on Dragon Masters sets about 4-5 years ago when my favorite toy
store closed up shop and sort of ended up with 2 or 3 of each major set and
dozens of the smaller ones.  My core of my castle army has about 5-600
Dragonmasters of the 1000 or so minifigs!  By the way, I just recently bought 10
Fire Breathing Fortresses from DYA in France and even with shipping they were
quite resonable, being roughly the original retail price (search shopping or
buy-sell-trade for a linke to them).

Of course the interior details will come later, but first I need to go through
all the pictures already posted and make captions.  I was in a bit of a hurry to
get them up so they would be ready when I announce my Blacksmith Shop kit
yesterday.  Hopefully I'll have some time for that this weekend.  The big
problem with huge models like this is it takes forever to make noticeable
progress.  It took me several weeks to get all of the crenellations done and an
entire day just to put in all the black hoardings between the merlons!

And on that note as an aside-- Has anyone ever done an interior with secret
passages? I've always kind of envisioned a really cool castle with secret
corridors inbetween rooms, secret revolving doors, etc... Maybe someday I'll
try and build one...

I would love to see a big castle with secret passageways, maybe even something
scary like Count Dracula's fortress or Frankenstein's castle!

Anyway, congrats on finishing Bloodstone! It is sure to become one of my
constant inspirations!

DaveE

Thanks!

Dan