 General / 23758
23757  |  23759
Subject:
Hinge parts (was Re: purist modification)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 16:45:19 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

Hmm, just stumbled into this discussion, I'm wondering if you are aware
of a similar LEGO pure solution? The 2x4 plate with hinge (<part 3315>)
will work with the hinge brick (for a use, look at the draw bridge in
6086), so if you can live with a 2x4 plate instead of a 1x2 plate, and a
slightly larger spacing, no part modification necessary. Note that <part
3639> would also work. Of course what this also means is that a bunch of
parts work together, so to list them all:

Female 1x2 hinge components:

<part 3937>  (1x2 tilt hinge brick)
<part 2440>  (plow blade/radar antenna)
<part 3597>  (2x4 plate w/hinge on top)
<part 3640>  (2x4 plate w/vertical hinge at end)
<part 2443>  (octagonal window frame)
<part 30200> (cockpit)

Male 1x2 hinge components:

<part 3938>  (1x2 tilt hinge plate)
<part 6134>  (2x2 tilt hinge plate)
<part 3639>  (2x4 plate w/vertical hinge at end)
<part 3315>  (2x4 plate w/horizontal hinge at end)
<part 2518b> (6x6 octagonal canopy)
<part 2418a> (6x6 octagonal canopy)
<part 2598>  (10x10 octagonal canopy)

It wouldn't surprise me if there aren't a couple more parts.

Yup, forgot about

Male: <part 828>  (Tractor Chassis Excavator Arm, Large)
Female: <part 3433> (Tractor Chassis Excavator Bucket, Large)

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com