 Castle / 3939
Re: Blood Stone Castle completed!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:48:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

First things first, words cannot describe the
supercalafragalespiexpialadocious quality of this amazing LEGO castle.  This
is what LEGO should be all about, letting people create large models by making
cheap bulk orders available.

But the other thing on my mind is that I believe that anyone with that same
number of bricks available to them would be able to make the same kind of
amazing construction.  Building huge LEGO buildings when you have huge amounts
of bricks is not very hard, as long as you have a general idea of where things
will go is pretty much all that matters!  That's how i work anyways, i have a
fairly small collection in comparision so i don't have all that much to work
with.  The last castle i built i did not have a blueprint in mind, just a
vague picture that the dining hall would be here, and the blacksmith and
kitchen would be on either side.  But the whole thing got kind of messy and
the simitry that i wanted didn't come out because I was scrapeing for plates
to make ceilings at the end.  But if i had a huge amount of bricks i believe
that it would have turned out a lot better.  I guess the point that I'm trying
to make is that if we all had large collections there would be a lot more pics
of those huge castles being posted on the internet.  A lot of you have said
that Daniel has talent at building LEGO castles, and he obviously does.  But i
think that it's not so much as having talent, just having the proper tools.  A
wierd analogy could be that most of us LEGO people are like carpenters with
only a hand saw, and a screwdriver, while these other people have all
eletrical tools so they can make all sorts of stuff.  They do have talent but
the rest of us would have the same "talent" given the proper tools.  If any of
you have heard of the Beach Boys song, "Wouldn't it be nice," well that song
seems to fit this as wouldn't it be nice if we all had huge collections!

This whole opinion was not meant to trash Daniel's accomplishment in any way
if any of you took it that way.  Let me know if my 16-year-old opinion is
totally wacked out or maybe has some merit!

Happy Building!!!!!!!!!

Ryan Cassell