 Castle / 3982
Re: Blood Stone Castle completed!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 20:37:37 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Daniel Siskind writes:
Actually, I think building on such a large scale is actually less satisfying
than smaller scale projects. [...]

I wouldn't REALLY know but I tend to agree. My inn is fun and I love it, but
creating Helfire in two hours and having it come out nicely was MUCH more
satisfying. I think my inn could be great when I'm done with it, but meanwhile
it's incomplete and pretty weird looking. (Of coure the ratio between my inn
and microtown are very different than Dan's castle and a small castle... :-)

That's why I'm trying to build my inn in parts. First I completed the first
floor walls, and did not begin the interior until I was completely satisfied
with the walls. Then, I built the 1st floor interior as a switch from wall
designing... for refreshment etc. Now that's done, I like the way it looks and
it *could* stand alone if I wanted it to, so that I don't feel like I have
something unfinished in my hands. I'm on to the 2nd floor now, and it's
unattached to the rest of the inn, so the inn is like a finished product in a
way. I like it and that gives me some excitement, seeing that it came out
nicely.
So my advice to you: when dealing with big structures, build them in parts if
you don't want to be discouraged along the way!

-Shiri