 Castle / 3981
Re: Blood Stone Castle completed!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 19:48:02 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.castle, Bill Farkas writes:
In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle, Rob Drechsel writes:

Too bad most of us don't have
the pieces to make castle the size of Bloodstone.  Mine is on <cough> one of
the 48x48 baseplates.

If it's any consalation, my "castle" is on a 48x32 BP and I can't complete it
for lack of pieces.

By the way, I thought your inn was pretty good.

Thanks! It's just that near such an amazing thing like the Blood Stone • Castle,
it shrivels away and transforms to a meek little mouse. :-)

-Shiri

That's what I'm talkin' about. Sometimes it's downright depressing. I mean,
it's awe inspiring and incredible how huge and intricate some of those • "OPOC's"
are, yet at the same time it's kinda dis-heartening.

But, the more I think about it, isn't that exactly why we're all so hooked: • the
fact that the acquisition of "more" is so goal oriented; and that building the
biggest and best MOC yet is an ever moving target. In the future they'll be
making an ABS patch (like those nicotene patches) for those of us who file
bankruptcy because we couldn't get enough.

"I'm NOT PLAYING, I'm CREATING!!"
Bill

Actually, I think building on such a large scale is actually less satisfying
than smaller scale projects.  Huge works such as my castle take years to build
and progress can be annoyingly slow.  For example, it can be exciting to come
up with cool innovations like half-stepping out the turrets on my watch towers,
but then having to repeat the process identically five more times really sucks.
  Also, each one of the merlons on my castle uses more than 50 pieces and I had
to repeat the design over 100 times around the tops of the walls and towers.
Talk about tedious!

The most satisfying castle project I built was a simple tower keep that
measured only 32x24 studs.  I'm keeping this in mind when I build the keep for
my Black Falcolns, which will site on top four standard green baseplates -
fully 1/5 the size of the big red beast.

Dan