 Castle / 3938
Re: Blood Stone Castle completed!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 07:25:22 GMT

craig hamilton wrote:

  "purists"!? there are purists in .castle!? ;-)

Speaking of purism, I have another question along those
lines (and one that you can probably answer better than
anyone else, Craig).

So how much of a faux pas is it to modify plates, etc. for
your structures?  I can see it for minifig character development,
but there are some parts that I "need" and can modify pretty
easily.

For example, to create the stopping mechanism for the
gearbox in my gate, I wanted to plug a 1x2 plate with the
horizontal side rod (#30236) into a 1x2 hinge base (#3937).
Unfortunately, the hinge base has a little nub that interferes
with the the middle of the side rod, so I'd like to carve that
out (actually, I think I'd take the middle of the rod out of #30236
instead).

The obvious disadvantage is that this is a one-of-a-kind, so
only I can build it.  On the other hand, it's cool.  :)

Comments?

Chris

--
Remove the nospam machine name in my email address to send a personal reply.