 Castle / 3936
Re: Blood Stone Castle completed!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 06:57:34 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Daniel Siskind writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jonathan Wilson writes:

(snip)

WOW! That thing is huge! Where did you get so many red bricks?

Red has always been the most common basic color, so that's why I always built my
castles with red ones.  I'm actually going to start working on my next one soon,
and it will be gray to keep the purists happy.

Dan

  "purists"!? there are purists in .castle!? ;-)

  THE original, most "purist" castle is bright yellow! red, being, as you
said, the most common lego color for bulk and diversity makes it the ideally
pure building color. the elaborate architectural details that you've
accomplished sooooo beautifully through the color choice are dynamicly
complimented by it! this same structure just would'nt look right in grey,
imho. (a b&w pic may prove this)

  there NEEDED to exist a red castle.  bloodstone is as pure as it gets!

  thank you, dan, for creating and sharing this marvelous creation!  i've
truly enjoyed following the progress, and am always looking forward to
what's next. (furniture, you say!? so, a mini-fig popuace, then?) bloodstone
is among the greatest lego castles i've seen. (in my top 5, honestly!)
these new pics amaze, delight, and inspire.  (i'm beginnig my biggest castle
creation yet, also using red, but halved with black.)

  later ~ craig~