 Castle / 3957
Re: Helfire - a microfig scale castle town
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 21:29:51 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Frank Filz writes:
Gary Istok wrote:

Frank Filz wrote:

Shiri Dori wrote in message ...
In lugnet.castle, Frank Filz writes:
In junior high, we had a classroom project which was built to such a
scale. It was a study of Seattle WA, and different color bricks
represented different types of buildings. I'd love to get the baseplate
(it had the harbor and lake printed on it). I think the baseplate may
also have had contours printed on it (it was a flat baseplate, I think
48x48).

Wow, that's cool! Sounds like a great thing... how long ago was this?

1976 or 1977

Frank

I think this soccer base plate did have printed lines on it - white lines for
the soccer pitch markings?

Frank,  I don't remember ever having seen a 48x48 (or 50x50) baseplate in
anything other than all gray.  The only exception to this (AFAIK) was a • 50x50
1970 Samsonite only LEGO green plate with a curvy "T" shaped roadway on it.
Since this roadway had no markings, and was somewhat light blue (rather than
gray) in color,  it could be used for water as well as roadway.  Could this
one be it?  It was totally flat though.  Otherwise I don't remember any • other
variations to the large plates.

Well, there is another exception of course, but it's rather current...
The Soccer baseplate, 48x48 green...

This was a flat baseplate, with printing, I don't think it had any
unstudded area (i.e. not a custom mold). It could easily have been a
non-TLC printing on a standard LEGO grey baseplate, or it could be a
custom order (even if the kit wasn't sold by DACTA or whatever). It most
definitely was NOT the Samsonite road plate (the non-studded area on
that just would not have worked with the excercise).

Of course it could be totally non-LEGO at all...

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com