 Castle / 3882
Re: Helfire - a microfig scale castle town
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:50:10 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Craig Hamilton writes:
well, shiri~

congrats on a truly successful and well-received build!  i got a charge
out of the sproats' microfig castle too!  your nano-fig creation has
absolutely inspired me! this is a great way to realize what i envision for
hillendale! (tho' i may go micro-fig, w/ 1x1  cylinders for 'figs) the way
your inn is referenced among the structures is great!

Thanks! I'm glad this worked out well, as I said it was rather spontaneous -
thought of it in Phys Ed and started constructing when In got home, half an
hour later ;-)
I think I'll definitely use this for references, both in CW and in my
storyline (which are somewhat connected but never mind).

BTW, in regard to macro/nanofigs... I liked what Jeremy writes about microfigs
in his webpage:

"So what the heck is a microfig?
"A microfig is anything smaller than a minifig. :-) You know what a minifig,
or minifigure, is, right? It's those little plastic men you get in a typical
Lego model; Legoland sets are at minifig-scale. Well, a microfig-scale model
is significantly more reduced, and is useful for depicting medium-size
vehicles. A nanofig-scale model is even smaller, and is useful for depicting
city blocks and huge starships and the like.

"The actual physical scale is variable, and up to the modeller. My microfig-
scale models tend towards a 384 : 1 scale, the distance between the
centerpoints of two studs being 10 feet. But I tend to wander even from that
scale."

(This is quoted from Jeremy Sproat's homepage; I hope it's OK with you,
Jeremy!)

I guess my scale could be called nanofig but I dunno. I envision a nanofig
scale to be much smaller than that... maybe it's just me...

Anyhow, I might end up doing the 1x1 cylinder = minifig (aka microfig scale)
too, depending on what I really end up doing.

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

-Shiri