 Castle / 3837
Re: Helfire - a microfig scale castle town
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 02:37:31 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
(FUT .castle)

Hey guys!

This was a real spontaneous thing, I think it came out nicely! LMKWYT.

http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/Helfire.html

That is *very* cool!

Thanks!

I've been messing around with some similar stuff, but nothing much past
figuring out a good scale.

Hmm... when I started, the only things I decided for sure were:
a. my inn had to be part of it
b. the whole town had to fit on an island baseplate

I had no idea how many buildings will be there whatsoever - just that there
will be as many as possible without cluttering.

I have two island BPs, one is 32x32 (the one I used) and the other is 16x16.
The 16x16 one was way too small. So I went for the big one.

I played around with the inn for a while. I built it, took it apart, rebuilt
it, added some more, it fell apart, I rebuilt it again... you get the
picture ;-) When I was finally satisfied I started the peasants houses. I sort
of improvised with the few tan bricks I had, and used up all the peaks from my
three roof packs. The stone house came sometime in between... I really wanted
those slopes Erik Olson thought of (1) for that house... if you look closely,
you'll see a red 1x1 cone where I was dying to put a studless 1x1 slope piece!

Err... back to my point, I was talking about... hmm... um... Oh, scales!
What I was getting at is that I basically just played around with the bricks
and it came out naturallly - once I had one building, I could compare the rest
to it and all went well.

HTH! And thanks for the comments!

-Shiri

(1) http://www.lugnet.com/dear-lego/?n=1808