 Trains / 29863 (-100)
  Re: LEGO 7996 and 9V

(...) Myself and others have used copper foil (2 URLs) I converted a 7996 just before Christmas, and installed it in my elevated train layout. So far it's run flawlessly for different trains for over 20 hours of run time. I used pre-tinned (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 7996 and 9V

(...) Ted: That's a great idea! Do you any pictures of your setup and how you routed the wire between the motors? This sounds like something I would love to try. Thanks for the tip. -Dave (17 years ago, 10-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 7996 and 9V

Jeffrey- Of course, there's the "easy" way: Simply use two motors, linked by a wire, and separated by enough distance to cover the non-conductive gap caused by using a 7996. We have tried this and it works fine (and also improves operation (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cleaning Battery Terminals

In lugnet.robotics, Mark Riley wrote: <snip> (...) Ooooh... wireless remotes! Nice! Throw it at me and I'll test it when ready :) Dave K (17 years ago, 10-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cleaning Battery Terminals

(...) I just finished a second RCX and while the terminals aren't as shiny as the previous RCX, the RCX fired right up after I reassembled it. The crud on this latest RCX's terminals was bluish green so I suspect the outer silver layer got eaten (...) (17 years ago, 9-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hobby Train Instructions PDF?

In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote: (SNIP) (...) Well that's the best option, save some trees. I find I have to watch some steps a few times to work out whats going where. Ben's train #9 is almost all black (Great design by the way Ben). (17 years ago, 9-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hobby Train Instructions PDF?

(...) The problem with the html export is that the part/step ordering isn't great and it creates very small images. The average model from this set also takes at least 50 pages! I was going to use this function until I tested it and decidied to go (...) (17 years ago, 8-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hobby Train Instructions PDF?

(...) The LEGO Digital Designer will publish the build instructions in html format including pictures. The resolution isn't super high but would be good enough to print. You can download LDD and any of the mocs for hobby train from the Lego website. (17 years ago, 7-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hobby Train Instructions PDF?

(...) Producing instructions is something I'd like to do, but I've have to do an Ldraw import, a reorder of parts/stages and then relearn LPub so I thinks its not going to happen! If I do any I'll post them Tim (17 years ago, 6-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hobby Train Instructions PDF?

(...) Are you asking for the default model (the large Swiss engine)? I understand the alternate models are only available on-line anyway. Can't say, though, as I only ordered my two hobby train sets last week when I found them to be on sale on S@H (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Hobby Train Instructions PDF?

Are there any PDF's available for the 10183 Hobby Train building instructions? Thanks, Daniel (17 years ago, 6-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4954 re-designed as Train Station

(...) Peter - Very nicely done. I really like the archetecture and design. Had the 4954 set come out before the Corner Cafe (or had caught my attention before the cafe), I probably would have attempted to make a station from this set instead... and (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Small Train Station MOC

(...) Dave - Basically the same comments as I just posted on the MOC page. I really like the look of the station. Very clean and 'tight' design on all sides. I'm looking forward to seeing how you do the interior touches. Nice work. -Ted (17 years ago, 4-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New Small Train Station MOC

Hey there all you train-heads! I finally got around to doing another train MOC while I had some time off over X-mas. I went for a small train station like you might see in a little town in Europe. I did a bunch of image searching on the web and (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jan-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: New 8-wide models?

(...) Peter, It looks like the answer to your question just appeared in a picture posted on Brickset. The Summer 2008 lineup will include an 8-wide truck as part of the new Coast Guard line. The name translates to "Coast Guard Beach Truck with (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jan-08, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4954 re-designed as Train Station

(...) (snippety snip)> (...) When I seen the pix, I thought you built it with Medium Blue and Sand Blue, only to realize those colors are Light and Dark Bluish Gray, respectively. I have the 4954 set, and built the model on the box front. IMO, it's (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4954 re-designed as Train Station

In lugnet.trains, Peter Edwards wrote: <snip> (...) Right there with ya--whatever LEGO comes my way I'm a happy camper! Nicely done on the station, btw! It's neat how it *looks* simple yet has lots of nifty details. Dave K (17 years ago, 2-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4954 re-designed as Train Station

(...) I don't know about everyone else but I store my spare bits in bins sorted by colour (But I have a friend who sorts his by brick type). So when ever I buy a new set, many of the models get tweaked because of the new pieces. This train station (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4954 re-designed as Train Station

Thanks for the kind words Jerry. I was almost tempted to drop the site after switching ISPs. It had only 4500 hits in 1.5 years where as I have YouTube videos over 35000. But I got my first fan email and I decided to keep it going and add some new (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4954 re-designed as Train Station

Nice model, does it use any parts (other than the minifigs and train bits) that are not in the 4954 set? (17 years ago, 2-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4954 re-designed as Train Station

Hi Peter, I'm impressed - not only about your idea on the 4954 which the set is virtually asking for. Also very excellent website and lots of interesting ideas I hope you won't mind to see re-utilized elsewhere ;) Thanks, Jerry (17 years ago, 2-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  4954 re-designed as Train Station

While on holiday I found the "Model Town House (4954)" at a reasonable price with the view of building another train station from this set. (URL) of new content (News, Mocs, Racing, Movies, Bikes) at the Bodville website (on new host server, so (...) (17 years ago, 1-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 7996 and 9V

(...) There was some discussion about this a few months ago: (URL) I haven't tried it yet myself though, so I can't vouch for how well it works. -Elroy (17 years ago, 31-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  LEGO 7996 and 9V

Hi, I was just wondering - has anyone yet considered whether there might be a way to "9voltify" the LEGO 7996 set (switched rail crossing)? I mean, there we do have a very useful piece of track, however it is only usable for RC trains so far. What (...) (17 years ago, 31-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Holiday Train (MOC Style)

Hey all, I know, it's been a loooong while since I've posted anything (let alone a MOC announcement). But I've been working on this since before Christmas, and I think that I've finally reached the point where I must stop, or it will take over the (...) (17 years ago, 31-Dec-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new approach to modular brickscaping...

(...) Technic half-pins are better for alignment (and a few plates as you mentioned above) when considering the COLTC-standard hill modules -- makes set up/tear down much more simpler. Like you said Technic pins are better for "stronger" (...) (17 years ago, 30-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new approach to modular brickscaping...

Thomas, thanks for your feedback - I think the height issue will sort itself out with the additional modules I'm starting on right now. Adjacent modules will either run to greater heights (as for the tunnel mountain) or as low as 2-3 bricks high, (...) (17 years ago, 30-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new approach to modular brickscaping...

(...) The general approach looks sound. The module size is good. It's easy to forget when building that your model will often have to get through the doors of your home and into your car---usually by one person working alone. I wonder if using (...) (17 years ago, 29-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  My new approach to modular brickscaping...

...with strictly a trains motivation of course ;) I have taken a break over the holidays and done some bricking - partially inspired by what the kids built recently. See here: (URL) it's not perfect yet, but I'd like your opinions on the modular (...) (17 years ago, 28-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) Bluetooth is indeed probably way too expensive and complex. Perhaps the costs would go down, but probably not enough to make this cost-effective. There are cheaper radio systems, like 804.15.4 (ZigBee) that would make more sense than Bluetooth (...) (17 years ago, 28-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) It could, but I'm not sure what the increase in cost would be. IR is extremely mature technology, and can be done without and special hardware; very, very cheap, yet (within its limitations) fairly robust (especially LEGO implementation of it, (...) (17 years ago, 28-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) Ohh...my wife and I have a deal, I can have as many steam engines as she has animals. (+1, which I had before her!). So, at present I have 2 large engines here. There's a 3rd one that I part own, but it isn't here...hence, it doesn't count. (...) (17 years ago, 28-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Self assembly wheels

I know these aren't exactly new, but I just got my first sets as part of the Hobby train. I didn't build the krocodile fromt he printed instructions and when I got to the wheelset I wasn't sure if they had axles or not. Referring to the instructions (...) (17 years ago, 27-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) <snip> (...) Very good! That is exactly what I was thinking. I work a lot with AVR's, too, so I'm happy to see you made the "right" choice in microcontrollers :) -dave (17 years ago, 27-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rutland Gondola

(...) Nice car. My only suggestion is that you might want to take a black magic marker and go around the edges of the stickers after cutting but before application. Benn (17 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  One Day Show Sunday

Well, we are all set up for our winter one day show, and we have a few new surprises in store to boot! If you can't make it by, look for pics right after Christmas! JOHN (17 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: My attempt at a railway bridge

(...) Ha, I had to build a bridge to complete my current layout- (URL) It's a suspension bridge, as it takes a oodle of parts to make any other total lego solution to 3+ m bridges. James Powell (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Rutland Gondola

(...) [...] (...) [...] (...) Great gondola Elroy. I can't wait to see it. Chris (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rutland Gondola

(...) I'm a sucker for plain, well-textured freight wagons and this one is a great example. With custom bogies I think it would be perfect. Tim (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My attempt at a railway bridge

(...) Thanks Jonathan - I'm happy to get some feedback on it since I really was a bit unsure lately whether this behemoth was worth all the time and effort. But maybe I will finally get it finished (with all the fine-tuning that is) to show it on a (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My attempt at a railway bridge

(...) Hi John, actually I remember having seen (and admired) your bridge - what kept me from simply being the old copycat was for one the sheer lack of appropriate bricks and on the other hand the fact that bridges like these are not exactly (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My attempt at a railway bridge

(...) technic bridge! I also know of the woes of building an awesome bridge, and then not even being able to use it on one's layout:-( But it is fantastic that the kids are coming into the age of being able to participate in your LEGO hobby! It is (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My attempt at a railway bridge

(...) Nice. It is nice and beefy - but not too beefy. I find a lot of technic built bridges to be a bit to big and clunky for my taste but this has a nice feel and size to it IMO. I wish TLG made sand blue/sand green/teal technic bricks. That would (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rutland Gondola

(...) Hi Elroy, I am really impressed by the realistic look of this creation - very nice detail. I wish LEGO would make train cars like these (or rather I wish they won't, budget is already more than tight ;) ) Great work. Jerry (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Rutland Gondola

I'm slowly adding to my collection of vintage Rutland locos and cars. The latest is a Rutland gondola, based on an old photo found (URL), and an n-scale version pictured (URL) here>. (2 URLs) NELUG Gallery> The sides of the gondola are built from (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.org.us.nelug, FTX) !!

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) I already did something very close. I reversed engineer the IR protocol of the Power Functions and created a small device that can both send and receive IR commands. The components in this device probably cost around $10-15 (but excluding the (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  My attempt at a railway bridge

Hi all, I always meant to show this - but didn't manage to translate the describing page to English. Anyway, it's finally done (the page, that is - the bridge itself is still a work-in-progress). Enjoy: (URL) not architecturally thrilling, but it's (...) (17 years ago, 19-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) It's those smaller, sharp and pointy objects that I'm worried about actually... plus I've got a couple confessions yet to make about my other hobby (there are some more saxophones in this house than she is aware of... ;-) ) But I've got the (...) (17 years ago, 19-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) If someone can get hold of Mark Riley and have him 'fix up' LDCC to be 'Power Functions/RC Train' IR compatible instead of DCC, that'd be a quick fix :) The rest is already built in--remote control, LACC, etc... Dave K (17 years ago, 19-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) I've got to say if I muttered those words aloud, my wife would likely come at me with a large blunt object :). But I agree - I need to lay hands on an IR train and start working out more of this myself as well. (17 years ago, 19-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) Brian, the more I read this, the more I am with you. I think I really need to re-think my LEGO budget for next year... Three trains sounds like fair enough to me, since our house is not supposed to grow and the trains need some space to be (...) (17 years ago, 19-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) I'm pretty sure the RCX could be programmed to throw PF control messages... and while this would be a lot cheaper from a HW standpoint at the moment, I'm not sure it would be long-term. Right now the RCX is cheap(er) on eBay, but as they (...) (17 years ago, 19-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) On second thought, that doesn't look all that bad actually. Provided there is a way to eventually control more than one train and set up several IR interfaces (for positions where the optical link would otherwise fail) with a single RCX, the (...) (17 years ago, 19-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) If there are "dead zones" that could be a problem, but we also get to run doglegs this way. There are trade-offs, and I know where I'd like to be: LEGO-certified DDC built-in that is usable with anything from a regular train controller, to a (...) (17 years ago, 19-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) Hi Jerry, I certainly agree that this might not be a cost-effective solution or a very efficient way to implement DCC (although there are surely those out there who will pursue it anyway). I was just trying to emphasize that there isn't reall (...) (17 years ago, 19-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) Hi Jordan, while this sounds like an interesting solution, it also sounds like a very expensive one as opposed to going for RF in the first place (yep, I know that RF remote controls have their own issues, power consumption being a significant (...) (17 years ago, 19-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) HiTechnic / LEGO now offer an "Infrared Link" for the NXT that seems to be exactly the sort of thing you're describing here - and it is advertised as being compatible with the Power Functions and train IR protocol. This would mean that no (...) (17 years ago, 19-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) Ummm.... except that you lose control when the train goes into a tunnel, or you have areas of unreliable control on your layout. Losing control in a tunnel would be a big deal for "serious" model railroaders that like off-stage "staging" (...) (17 years ago, 19-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Layout help needed

(...) If you can't follow the electrical connections, think of it like this: If you can start two trains, one following behind the other, then simply by changing the points at the right moment cause a head-on collision, then there's something wrong. (...) (17 years ago, 17-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Layout help needed

(...) Hi Anne, electrical damage is very difficult to achieve with LEGO 9V trains - usually it just doesn't work and you'll notice before any harm is done. However, your layout will work - electrically. I am somewhat curious how you plan to set the (...) (17 years ago, 16-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Layout help needed

(...) You are fine because of the crossover track element design (all of the rails are insulated). That said, you will need to be very careful if you are running more than 1 train; that will be your biggest concern;-) JOHN (17 years ago, 16-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Layout help needed

(...) Your layout if perfectly fine. As long as the train can't go back the oppisite way on the same track section (a reversing loop) you shouldn't have any problems. -Mike Petrucelli (17 years ago, 16-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Layout help needed

Hi Guys, We just came up with this double figure 8 pattern using switch tracks (URL) Then we looked online to see what others had made and found something similar using crossover tracks (URL) Before we power up our own design, we want to know if we (...) (17 years ago, 16-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) One interesting possibility is an IR remote that does not have to have a constant signal to work. In other words, have the remote send commands that change the state of the train, but not need to continuously send a "go forward" command or (...) (17 years ago, 15-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

Hi all, well, I'm not particularly fond of the IR remote controller as well - I spent a significant amount of money on 9V stuff (the original w/ metal tracks) and hope to keep that in a usable state for some time. The good part is that the plastic (...) (17 years ago, 15-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) The Lego workshop participant from the Netherlands wrote on the Dutch Lego forum the following: - infrared control; - rechargeable battery; - track the same as current, maybe curves with bigger radius; - stepless speedcontrol from new remote; (...) (17 years ago, 13-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  anyone want to trade train track?

hey, i have around 250 9v straights and about 40 9v curves. anyone want to do a 2 for one trade for plastic track? i'm converting my layout to rc. ondrew p.s. i'll also have custom switches i'll be trading for plastic unmodified ones but those will (...) (17 years ago, 15-Dec-07, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Cowans Sheldon 76T Rail Crane with Power Functions - photos

(...) Very impressive. What is the electronic circuit that appears in the first picture? (17 years ago, 9-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

If they are still using IR (i.e. line of sight) for communications, forget it. If they go to some kind of non line of sight control (e.g. whatever the Fischer-Price GeoTrax system is using), I will consider it. (17 years ago, 8-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) Wow - that part right there got my attention - and I'm sure plenty of hard core L Gauge trainheads!! That has been a pain when trying to build a larger 9V train layout since unlike scale modeling (HO, N, O, S, etc.), the lack of track curves (...) (17 years ago, 7-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) Thanks Rafe! Much appreciated. I was intrigued when I saw the title of the post in Italian. Jonathan (17 years ago, 7-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

Hi all, See below. I'm not sure how many of you read the Italian posts and I don't know if this is old news, but I didn't see this in Trains so I thought I would post. This is the English translation; I snipped the Italian since my Italian is a good (...) (17 years ago, 7-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains) !

  "American" 4-4-0 Wood Burning Steam Engine Custom Sets

Howdy! I'm pleased to announce that I have finished building and am ready to sell copies of one of my favorite MOCs, my Sava Railways #805 "American" 4-4-0 wood burning steam locomotive, just in time for the holidays no less! (URL) Each locomotive (...) (17 years ago, 6-Dec-07, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  (no subject)

SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - The Bay Area LEGO Users Group (BayLUG) and Train Club (BayLTC) are pleased to announce our 4th Annual "Living LEGO-cy" Holiday Display at the Museum of American Heritage. Saturday, December 8, 2007 to Sunday, January 6, (...) (17 years ago, 5-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac)

  Re: Another new element? (was Thomas Update with new element!)

(...) And if you look at the new Indiana Jones motorcycle chase you'll see a 1x4x3 version similar to this. Looks like a new window system. Tim (17 years ago, 4-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts, FTX)

  Re: The Turin tram collection grows up: here the type "2800"

Thats real nice. It must be a nightmare working out the awkward angles for front like that. By coincidence this (URL) gallery> was on the random images of the front page of MAJ when I went there to update the images for the sidebar! Tim (17 years ago, 4-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Another new element? (was Thomas Update with new element!)

(...) Yea, this is the new 1x2x2 windows with clipping glass (imagine a trans black or trans light blue glass instead!!!). I've got this informations from somebody on 1000steine forum. Moreover note the new door fitting the 1x4x6 frame... not bad! (...) (17 years ago, 4-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts, FTX)

  Re: The Turin tram collection grows up: here the type "2800"

(...) Thanks Mattias! I was once in Göteborg and I loved the town and its trams. I liked very much the blue livery (medium blue - blue - aqua or blue - dark blue - medium blue) that fits very well during the nice summers when the sky and the water (...) (17 years ago, 4-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thomas Update with new element!

(...) Hollow? Does it stick firmly to other pieces? Nice Thomas, BTW. :o) Jonathan (17 years ago, 4-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Another new element? (was Thomas Update with new element!)

(...) Another question about a new element. Take a look at this picture here (2008 Creator house set): (URL) See the white 1x2x2 windows on the second level of the house? Could these be an updated version of our beloved 1x2x2 old-style windows that (...) (17 years ago, 4-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts, FTX)

  Re: The Turin tram collection grows up: here the type "2800"

(...) Great work Luca! I am happy to see trams being built as I live in a town full of trams myself. I must start to model one (maybe the new Sirio) using medium blue and white - the colors of Goteborgs Sparvagar. Thanks for fine photos Mattias (17 years ago, 3-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Turin tram collection grows up: here the type "2800"

(...) Thank you very much John. I try to use every time the best building techniques for each model. I'm working on other tram and buses... soon there will be new news from me! Luca (17 years ago, 3-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Turin tram collection grows up: here the type "2800"

(...) I love it, Luca! I love all of your trams! Lots of schleimy SNOT, great use of colors, very faithful to the prototypes, and a great scale too! Very well done, indeed! JOHN (17 years ago, 3-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Thomas Update with new element!

Well, that didn't take long. I made a few changes to my ever-evolving Thomas, and (URL) here> they are. I used that new curved slope piece for the roof. I took a pic of it alone, but it turned out fuzzy. I'll have to re-shoot it. The bummer part (...) (17 years ago, 3-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  The Turin tram collection grows up: here the type "2800"

Dear train fans! My collection of Turin (Italy) tram cars grows up: during the last weekend I've showed for the first tipe my latest tram: (URL) It is the most typical tram of Turin, this tram serie has been realized by assembling in the year 1982 (...) (17 years ago, 3-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: My Latest Iteration of Thomas the Tank Engine (with BBB wheels:-)

(...) But that's humorously apropos! :-) (...) Thanks, IMO it is too small to snot lining. Even the 10 wide version I'm working on is too small. That, or I'm too lazy...;-) (...) Yeah, I'm working exclusively from the videos-- never actually seen an (...) (17 years ago, 30-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My Latest Iteration of Thomas the Tank Engine (with BBB wheels:-)

(...) You are like those kids who think every loco is Thomas... whoops, wrong thread ;-) Thats a really nice interpretation. Interesting that you've not gone down the SNOT lining route, I'm still in two minds as to whether its a good thing on a (...) (17 years ago, 29-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: WIP-Passenger Dome car using 10183 set

(...) You might be referring to the style of observation car shown here in one of Mike Walsh's designs: (URL) This is from his Carolina Train Builders website, (URL) I like this style of dome and have "borrowed" it on one of my railcars. Alas, the (...) (17 years ago, 29-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My Latest Iteration of Thomas the Tank Engine (with BBB wheels:-)

(...) Stylish! Richard Still baldly going... (17 years ago, 29-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  My Latest Iteration of Thomas the Tank Engine (with BBB wheels:-)

In my never ending pursuit of the perfect Thomas MOC, there has been a HUGE development: Years ago I begged Ben Fleskes to make some BBB wheels in blue. Though I'm not sure it was because of my begging, he has FINALLY produced BBB wheels in blue (...) (17 years ago, 29-Nov-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: WIP-Passenger Dome car using 10183 set

(...) I really must do some Ldrawing of the dome car I built ~8 years ago, as it uses the Star Wars style of canopy back to back to produce a quite elegent dome. James Powell (17 years ago, 28-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New MOC: Cowans Sheldon 76T Rail Crane with Power Functions - photos

Here are the photos of my new Rail Crane with Power Functions: (URL) It's an 8mm scale model of a Cowans Sheldon 76T crane. Some details still to finish - I want to make sure it passes the scale load lifting test first. The scale load will be 6 full (...) (17 years ago, 28-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.build, FTX) !

  Re: HF110C 0-6-0T+T - 6 wide, powered and not really 0-6-0

(...) Yes, you are correct, Jonathan. It is a little trick I learned to (I thought) save bandwidth "theft". I've never heard of anyone not being able to see them. JOHN (17 years ago, 28-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: HF110C 0-6-0T+T - 6 wide, powered and not really 0-6-0

(...) .nyud.net:8090 is a system used to cache content, see (URL) Its not a virus or spyware at all, its used to relieve strain on otherwise overloaded (or about-to-be-overloaded) web servers. (17 years ago, 28-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HF110C 0-6-0T+T - 6 wide, powered and not really 0-6-0

(...) Not sure what has happened to the image links in that post, They all seem to have had .nyud.net:8090 added in the middle. you might want to to a spyware virus check. I assume they looked OK in your preveiw? Mmm a nice Baravian Mallet Tim (17 years ago, 28-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  GMLTC: Santa's Train Shop Dec 8-23

The Greater Midwest Lego Train Club (<link www.gmltc.org>) will be participating in the annual Santa's Train Shop event at the Minnesota Transportation Museum at the Jackson Street Roundhouse in St. Paul (<link (URL)). Santa's Train Shop takes place (...) (17 years ago, 28-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  TCLTC to Show Locally

The Twin Cities LEGO Train Club will be having a 1 day solo show on Sunday, December 23rd at: Colonial Church 6200 Colonial Way Edina, MN It's very easy to find; it's just north of Crosstown 62 at the Tracy exit, between 169 and Hiway 100. Show (...) (17 years ago, 28-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: HF110C 0-6-0T+T - 6 wide, powered and not really 0-6-0

(...) Hey, I resemble that comment! (...) Relax. The Thomas lovers of today are tomorrow's model railroaders:-) (...) (URL) (...) (URL) Thanks for those pics. And here is what I was thinking about in my batty belfry: (URL) (17 years ago, 28-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: HF110C 0-6-0T+T - 6 wide, powered and not really 0-6-0

--snip-- (...) Thanks. I'll let me off too. I always think I'd prefer to have working pistons but when push comes to shove I just find them too bulky and go back to faking it. (...) I do like to steal. I should really give credit to Ben Beneke too (...) (17 years ago, 28-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: HF110C 0-6-0T+T - 6 wide, powered and not really 0-6-0

(...) More Polish/German ;) I was trying to do the icecream = smoke trick that misterzumbi used (can't find the photo) but since I couldn't find my icecreams I had to make do with a croissant. (...) Thanks. Tim (17 years ago, 28-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact