 Trains / 29779
29778  |  29780
Subject:
The Turin tram collection grows up: here the type "2800"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2007 09:17:54 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Dear train fans!

My collection of Turin (Italy) tram cars grows up: during the last weekend I’ve showed for the first tipe my latest tram:

It is the most typical tram of Turin, this tram serie has been realized by assembling in the year 1982 two vehicles of the series 2500 built in 1932-33 (here you can see them and their LEGO model: http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=29500)

The size of the tram is the same like the other ones I’ve already built (about 1:37, not much different from scale 0).

More pictures can be found there: http://www.youbrick.com/v/Trains/Lucajuventino/Tram/Torino2800/

During the last weekend, there was in Turin a Tram Festival (“Trolley Festival” like the one from San Francisco): for this event, my tram models were shown in a layout on a real tram type “2800”. Some pictures of the event can bee found there:

http://www.youbrick.com/v/Club/Lucajuventino/TTF2007/

This tram was very hard to build due to the special windscreen. I hope you can enjoy it. Questions, comments and other ideas are welcome.

Bye
Luca