 Trains / 29765
Re: HF110C 0-6-0T+T - 6 wide, powered and not really 0-6-0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2007 00:17:11 GMT

--snip--

   That is lovely. Shape and detail. I’ll even let you off the missing wheels!

Thanks. I’ll let me off too. I always think I’d prefer to have working pistons but when push comes to shove I just find them too bulky and go back to faking it.

   think its the option I would have taken and its not really that obvious the representation of the valve gear and connecting rods hides it well. You look like you have borrowed everyone’s clever detailing tricks from the last couple of years

I do like to steal. I should really give credit to Ben Beneke too as half of the greebling is stolen directly or heavily inspired by his stuff.

   and added lots of your own.

Glad I have some creativity left. I’ve been mulling this one over for a while and sort of slowly coming up with solutions for various bits.

   I like the dome,the front bufferbeam/pilot? and the handrail recesses especially.

   Thanks for the history, I have the magazine ;-)

Tim

You were probably the one who told me it was a good issue ;)

Tim