 Trains / 26363 (-100)
  Here is the "How To" on my ARR GP-38 engine.

Hello all, This engine is about a year old now, but I still get people asking questions about this MOC. Since I have also gotten a few reqests for the instructions, I decided to share them. They follow the BNSF almost to a T, with a few changes (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Town Structure Contest Entrees

(...) well i can't enter my own contest but here's something i came up with anyway. (URL) ondrew (19 years ago, 3-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: a town structure contest!!

(...) well it seems i can't seem to follow them myself. check out my latest moment of stupidity. (URL) i built it then put a mini fig next to it. DOH! but (...) I'm very excited as well. i'm hoping that the $200 in prizes might help draw people in. (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ChS4T - Russian loco

(...) Hi Sonnich, Thanks for all this information. I agree that the class naming conventions are so complicated. I took the information from Paravoz but I may have been confused or it may have been wrong. I'd be interested in doing some of the (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Town Structure Contest Entrees

(...) the link to the rules and so on. (URL) (19 years ago, 1-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Town Structure Contest Entrees

(...) Hi Ondrew, Count me in. I agree that not enought town MOCs get posted to LUGNET although a lot more appear on Brickshelf. Maybe townheads are shy ;) Is there a time limit on the contest? I couldn't find one but maybe I missed it. Well, I think (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  a town structure contest!!

I believe I have covered just about everything but since there is always someone with an opinion or an interesting idea I am posting this a few days early. If the rules or something else needs to be tweaked, please let me know before January 5th. (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !

  Town Structure Contest Entrees

Hello, This is going to be thread on Lego fan for those who wish to post there contest submission on this site. While posting here will get your moc tons of attention I may miss it. Please remember to also email me a link to your pictures. Thank (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: ChS4T - Russian loco

"Tim Gould" <t.gould(AT@)lancast...c(DOT.)uk> wrote in message news:IrM85p.1EFE@lugnet.com... (...) which (...) and (...) Although I (...) of the (...) height. (...) train. Good looking, and very realistic ChS4T engine :-) What you have built, is (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Russian train photo - Lego style

"Tim Gould" <t.gould(AT@)lancast...c(DOT.)uk> wrote in message news:Is8IG7.L6s@lugnet.com... (...) across (...) beautiful (...) EMU. I (...) design with (...) one of (...) Hmmm I didn't even know about the RA2 - there is a RA1, which is a single (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pick-a-Brick Christmas Box

(...) I was there with Steve as he stuffed the box full of LEGO®. He would yell out, I need more windows. :) And I would snag more birck from the wall. It was great trying to get as much brick in the box as possible. Deffently had to think outside (...) (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO layout at the NMRA 2006 National Train Show in Philly

There has been many questions sent in so I decided that I would answer them in this post for all to read. Sorry if this gets to your inbox more than once, once the mailing lists are in place there will be no more ILTCO NMRA NTS spam! Please send me (...) (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pick-a-Brick Christmas Box

Bad link below for some reason try... (URL) sb (...) (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Pick-a-Brick Christmas Box

Hi All, Well the cube is better than the cone! I managed to stuff 302 1x2x2 bley airplane windows, 74 1x4x5 bley windows, and some other assorted stuff... see the picks on BrickShelf. <www.brickshelf.com/...?f=160327> (URL) SteveB (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  New purchase of track and it's colour.

Just some heads-up info for those that would like to know. I purchased for my son for Christmas the Harry Potter train set and a box of curves from a local store (Leicester UK) and some extra track, 3 boxes of straights and a box of points, from (...) (19 years ago, 30-Dec-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Russian train photo - Lego style

(...) IIRC Tim (the other one) had shown me a page that he has bookmarked which confirms this fact. Maybe you should consider doing them 8-wide while keeping the scale 6 in order to authentically replicate their hugeness :-P Legoswami (19 years ago, 30-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Merry 9V Christmas!

(...) Actually, there were only 3 LEGO boxes under the tree this year for Ross ((URL) 8652>, (URL), (URL) 8420>). I continue to receive my presents from Bricklink stores;-) (...) Fantastisch! As you probably know, all of the TCLTC's layout figs are (...) (19 years ago, 29-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Russian train photo - Lego style

(...) Oh dear. They're meant to be clear but don't let me stop you drooling over the concept ;) (...) Given my recent love of Russian/Soviet stock I've been exposed to a whole new world of locomotive design. The styling is typically quite different (...) (19 years ago, 29-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Russian train photo - Lego style

(...) Very tasty, Tim. Some of my drool, however, may have been from the thought of silver macaronis and half-rounds... :-) Though I am well versed in American locos, I am virtually ignorant when it comes to foreign protos, and it is fun to see (...) (19 years ago, 29-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Russian train photo - Lego style

Hi all, While searching my favourite Russian train site the other day I came across (URL) this beautiful photograph> of an ultra-modern Russian railbus connected to a much older EMU. I loved the juxtaposition of these two trains: new with old, (...) (19 years ago, 29-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: First Steamer - Russian L class

Dear Ben, (...) I fear that is the case :( Fortunately my interests lie mostly in diesels and electrics so my steam will remain virtual. (...) It is so obvious now that I know it's there. I will definitely add it in the updated version. I already (...) (19 years ago, 29-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Steamer - Russian L class

(...) Dear Tim, thanks for your nice replay. And I agrre: the 7750 wheel sets are really a pain to get via Bricklink and all other market places. I own a few of them but never enough... And the price aims only at one direction: always up. (...) (...) (19 years ago, 28-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Steamer - Russian L class

--SNIP-- Dear Ben, Thank you for your comments. As I mentioned in the first post, your models were quite a learning (thieving ;)) point for me. (...) I would love to see it made real too and was going to try it until I discovered that the wheels (...) (19 years ago, 28-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Steamer - Russian L class

(...) Dear Tim, you did an excellent job on your Russion L-Class! I enjoyed it a lot to surf through your gallery and compare that with the real stem engines you have linked. I would love to see that design done in real bricks. Concerning the wheel (...) (19 years ago, 28-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Steamer - Russian L class

(...) Nah! Inside every 6-wide is an 8-wide or bigger waiting to get out! :-) Does the Russian loco have the same wheel arrangement as my British 9F? (URL) Mark (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: First Steamer - Russian L class

(...) Hey, I saw that on BrickShelf yesterday. It looks just as good today. I'd like to see it in person. Chris (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  ILTCO layout at the NMRA 2006 National Train Show in Philly

Hi All, Well it’s that time again. We are delighted to announce that ILTCO has been invited to display at the National Model Railroad Association (NMRA) annual National Train Show (NTS) again! This year the NMRA 2006 NTS will be held in (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !!

  Re: First Steamer - Russian L class

(...) 8 wides are wide 6 wides too. You're just in denial ;) Legoswami (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: First Steamer - Russian L class

(...) Thanks very much John. I agree that is a great compliment. I'll post another brickbuilt one soon just to prove I own bricks. (...) I said improve it, not enlarge it! You do realise that those emails which appear uninvited in your inbox aren't (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: First Steamer - Russian L class

(...) I really appreciate all of the fine MOCs and renders you've been producing, Tim! You are becoming a regular James Mathis. I can't imagine higher praise:-) (...) :-) (Nah, it goes without saying;-) JOHN (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: First Steamer - Russian L class

(...) Meh. I think you should stop putting his stuff on the sidebar altogether. We all know he churns one out every month or so anyway.... (URL) Anyway, nice work. As I said in chat, your inspiration from Ben really shows. Legoswami (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  First Steamer - Russian L class

Hi all, This is my first attempt at a steamer, a Russian (URL) class> locomotive. Not exactly sure how much of it will work but I borrowed liberally from Ben Beneke's work figuring he would have got it working. (2 URLs) BS Gallery> Please let me (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: My Xmas Train Setup

(...) [...] (...) Chris (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Merry 9V Christmas!

(...) I cannot speak for anyone else, but I haven't been speculating about the demise of the 9v line because of what Jake said at BrickFest. I cannot pretend to remember exactly what he said, but it could probably be interpreted two ways. (1) The 9v (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Merry 9V Christmas!

(...) Hi John, I hope you had a nice christmas time with some nice ABS presents aimed at you and Ross? I myself was lucky enough to get a 2000 brick bucket (free from gray bricks) and a Potter set. In fact I still have no fun with the colors from (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Merry (9,10,11,12,13 and 14-wide) Christmas!

Happy Christmas to everyone from lugnet.trains Tim (Haven't actually built the 13 and 14 wide yet ;) ) (19 years ago, 25-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Merry (6 and 7-wide) Christmas!

(...) I'm a traditionalist ;) (sort of) Tim (19 years ago, 25-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Merry (7-wide) Christmas too!

(...) You got no farbvergnugen, Ben??? ;-) Very clever render, Ben! Frohe Weihnachten! JOHN (19 years ago, 25-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Merry (8-wide) Christmas!

(...) :-) Yes, it does. Merry Christmas to you, brother! JOHN (19 years ago, 25-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  My Xmas Train Setup

I just wanted to point you to (URL) to show you my Xmas train setup. You can also see a video of my train here -> (URL) you can see the engine pulling the train in 2004 -> (URL) love feedback. This is the first time I show any of my creations here. (...) (19 years ago, 24-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Merry (7-wide) Christmas too!

I wish all(*) train fans a Merry Christmas! (URL) Leg Godt! (URL) P.s.: and I do not care about length nor width (but c...r)..... my oldgrey Homepage: (URL) (19 years ago, 24-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Merry (8-wide) Christmas!

(...) Merry 8 and wider Christmas! (URL) (19 years ago, 24-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Merry (8-wide) Christmas!

...the title says it all... :) Best wishes, Gianluca ___...___ Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi e allegati da 10MB (URL) (19 years ago, 24-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Are trains selling well?

(...) I'm sure they're selling well considering that my dad, who never buys online, bought from Shop At Home for my little brother. -Orion (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Are trains selling well?

Or were they just understocked? (URL) was poking around for fun, and I noticed that a lot of the train sets were sold out. Chris (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  BrickTopia - Airport Train/Monorail Station

I've added a new train and monorail station to the BrickTopia Airport. Click on the picture below to see it: (URL) Also, the monorail has been upgraded to a new, all-glass model (again, click on the image to see more): (URL) Finally, I've cleaned up (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, FTX) !!

  Re: New train? (set 7898 from 2006)

(...) It doesn't look like the track has metal rails. So, I wonder if these are some of the battery-powered remote-controled trains that LEGO announced at BrickFest. I remember seeing a green train; although, I cannot say if it was that train, in (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.parts)

  Re: New train? (set 7898 from 2006)

(...) Both pics provided by somebody in Hungary. Weird. ROSCO (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.parts)

  Re: New train? (set 7898 from 2006)

(...) There's also a passenger train (URL) a tiny pic I'm not sure what to think. Tim (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.parts)

  Re: Coolest Brickshelf account

How do you guys make great renders like that? Do you have any suggestions or POV settings that I could try to improve my renders? Any tips on camera position, lights, etc? Your renderings are awesome! If anyone knows of any websites that have good (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train? (set 7898 from 2006)

(...) Yes, it is really strange. I suppose it is true, but if I were the moderator of the BrickLink catalog, I would wait something more than a little picture. Luca (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train? (set 7898 from 2006)

(...) Strange the BL admins approved it with such a minimal pic - unless they have more info, which isn't forthcoming yet. ROSCO (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.parts)

  Re: New train? (set 7898 from 2006)

(...) Ohhh, looks interesting... Nothing on brickshelf yet :( (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.parts)

  New train? (set 7898 from 2006)

Hi! Just found on BrickLink (URL) we going to have a green Train Front like the ones from 4551? (URL) true, it would be really interesting... Bye (and merry Christmas) :-) Luca (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.parts)

  NELUG 12/2005 Greenberg train layout.

The following is a link to a story that appears on our website. The one omission to the story was the fact that we consistantly had about 80% more folks around our layout than any other at the show. I think this has become common for most LEGO (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: UPDATE to the Alaskan GP38, was:A present for my Dad and a 6 wide tank car.

(...) Hello everyone, I just want to let everyone know that LEGO has released two sets that let me finish the GP38 done in the Alaska RR colors. 8666 comes with 6 of the new 1x1 slopes in Yellow. 8668 comes with two of the 4x4 hood wedge part in (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4512 Cargo Train, Dk Grey or Dk Bley?

(...) If you are seriously looking for the cargo train, I may be able to help you out. I can get an answer for you today. I tried to send you an e-mail last night but your e-mail bounced back. CDC (19 years ago, 21-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4512 Cargo Train, Dk Grey or Dk Bley?

I guess it doesn’t matter what color the track comes in now!! While placing my order on-line today I noticed a lot of things that are discontinued! The sets discontinued include set #4512 Cargo Train, #4514 Cargo Crane, #10001 Metroliner, #10020 (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Christmas Train - Horseshoe Bend Rail Road

Super effort. It looks like a lot of fun. Chris (...) Chris (19 years ago, 17-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ChS2t - Russian loco

(...) Hi Janey, You should know me better than that... real bricks indeed. Actually, the facade of the sorting bins is a photo of my real sorting bins (yes, with real bricks in them) which is why they look so realistic.. The SNOT technique is not (...) (19 years ago, 17-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ChS2t - Russian loco

(...) Cool Tim, I must say, at first glance (at the thumbnail) I thought this was made from real bricks, mainly because of the sorting bin in the background. When I looked at the close up, I was surprised to find out this was a cad. You got me!!! (...) (19 years ago, 17-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  ChS2t - Russian loco

Dear all, Finding myself between projects I decided to finally finish off this train which I've had almost finished for a while. It's a (URL) ChS2t> electric loco and has to be one of the tallest (and probably biggest) loco's around. Although I (...) (19 years ago, 17-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.ru, FTX)

  Re: The best place in NYC to get 9V Train tracks and parts?

(...) Hi Theo, I live in Brooklyn as well. The best place that I know of to get train accesories and track and parts in NYC is ordering from Lego Shop At Home. They're in CT but regular delivery is usually next day. Otherwise, getting out to one of (...) (19 years ago, 16-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  The best place in NYC to get 9V Train tracks and parts?

Hi, I'm Theo! I'm a new member of LUGNET and I just moved to Brooklyn,New York, I was just wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions for where in NYC to get the best 9V Train track and parts? Please contact me at theo@bradleyloritheo.com or (...) (19 years ago, 16-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Steampunk diorama

Hi all, Recently I was looking through the CSF stampunk inspirations galleries and found (URL) this picture>. I thought this was pretty cool since it combined a train, some town and some pipes. Rather than using it for inspiration, I decided to (...) (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  John Neal: Have you finished this building?

(URL) I was poking through your Brickshelf gallery yesterday and noticed this. I have long been thinking about a similar approach to the lintels. I am interested in seeing how it came out. I am not really getting a good idea of whether or not they (...) (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  My New Favorite Link:-)

(URL) (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Factory Building

(...) Looks good. Looks like an industrial type building: "nothing fancy" is the way it should be in my book. I love the color. The pattern on the top floor windows kind of hurt my eyes, though. Have you considered putting lattice fences over the (...) (19 years ago, 14-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Factory Building

Hi All, Jeremy Rear and I (GPLR) got together last night and finished up this new factory building. Nothing too fancy, built with a bunch of airplane windows from Pick-a-Brick. It's bley and dark bley with a couple red embelishments. I need to add a (...) (19 years ago, 14-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Can't See The Forest For The Trees?

They're nice trees. I'll have to play with the design sometime. (19 years ago, 14-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Can't See The Forest For The Trees?

(...) I still use'm-- though if you'll notice, they are all "fleshies":-) (...) Thanks, J-3! Hmmm. Well, I tried using just the flex tubing, but that wasn't enough support (even with copper wire inside it). So, I would say that, as designed, I (...) (19 years ago, 14-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Can't See The Forest For The Trees?

Since when did you start to use mini figures? Nice looking trees. Can you make them without the rods? (19 years ago, 14-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Christmas Train - Horseshoe Bend Rail Road

--SNIP-- (...) This is such a lovely little train. I don't usually go for steamers but this one is just so sweet. I'm sure your father-in-law will love it. Tim (19 years ago, 14-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New Christmas Train - Horseshoe Bend Rail Road

I thought it would be a good idea to make my father-in-law a Christmas Train for his tree after he hinted that one sure would be cool, last year. So I built this one: (URL). It turned into a rather large project figuring I would need directions for (...) (19 years ago, 14-Dec-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: New Truck with Train Trestle?

(...) I missed that the first time, awesome! Hope they're paired. I may be able to do more copies of my warbonnet doodlebug... this rocks. Construction is really shaping up to be a nice line next year! Hope everyone buys lots. (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Truck with Train Trestle?

(...) The wheel arches are the same as the XXL crane ones (but yellow) but the wheels are interesting. The light holder is two 1x2 plate with handles (2540) (...) There's a fair amount in the Technic crane as well :D (...) I paid a fortune for 2 on (...) (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: did anyone ever post pictures of The LEGO® Millyard Project phase 4?

(...) Duplo wall? Sounds like fun! Seriously I didn’t even realize that was a duplo wall at first with the small gallery image. I’d jump at a chance to blow through a few k-8's worth of duplo to do something like that. Just think no sore thumbs! (...) (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Truck with Train Trestle?

(...) dude!!!!!!!! this is awsome! both sets look great. the trestle transport set obviously has new tressle parts but it appeers to have other new parts as well. if you look under the center of the tressle there appers to be a 4x10 part that looks (...) (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Truck with Train Trestle?

(...) Oh so nice, red train doors! Yeah. jt (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Truck with Train Trestle?

(...) The truck tractor seems 8 wide anyway! That truss seems Znap-ish.. but in a more useful color? (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Truck with Train Trestle?

(...) I'm thinking (hoping) that the side trusses are separate parts, joined by either a new large base part, or some combination of other parts. It will be interesting to see if they produce a matching part with no taper. Also in the same gallery (...) (19 years ago, 12-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  New Truck with Train Trestle?

This is intriguing: (URL) I am interested in seeing how that trestle works. I'd imagine the width could be changed. Looks like it is set up as 8 wide here. Jonathan (19 years ago, 12-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Kuranda Scenic Railway

(...) Thanks for your comments JM. I actually have an army of helpers to find me interesting trains ;) (Tim David and Samarth Moray being the main ones) I just do the modelling. I'm glad you like the design and find it simple. I try hard to make (...) (19 years ago, 12-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Shinkansen 700T - Taiwanese model

(...) Hi JM, I think from (URL) this photo> and (URL) this photo> that you are right, or almost right. The wings may extend out half a brick (making a seven-wide nose). Hmmm. Makes the nose design more interesting... I might give it a go to fix it. (...) (19 years ago, 12-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Shinkansen 700T - Taiwanese model

(...) Tim, After looking at the real thing it apears to me that the orange wing in the front is not wider than the body of the train. Instead the cab narrows and that's why is gives the impression of beeing wider. It looks like the wing blends into (...) (19 years ago, 12-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Kuranda Scenic Railway

(...) Hi Tim, WOW! I love it! It's so good to see something creative and different. You must spend more time searching for new inspiration than to build them... Your constructon is very simple, yet very effective with great result. The scenery on (...) (19 years ago, 12-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4512 Cargo Train, Dk Grey or Dk Bley?

(...) Thanks, Ben. I guess I'll take my chances. The track is what is important to me. I'd like it to match with the track I currently have. I don't mind the new colors for other parts. I plan on buying two of these sets in January, unless I can (...) (19 years ago, 12-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Technic-fig scale narrow-gauge trains

Looking good, although I have seen them before. The Hunslet is deceptive, at frst it looks a little simple but when you look at a (URL) pic> of the prototype you realise that it is simple. However on closer inspection you realise that the bonnet is (...) (19 years ago, 11-Dec-05, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Technic-fig scale narrow-gauge trains

Hi All, This is my narrow gauge loco and guards van based on former Ministry of Defence examples from RNAD Dean Hill. Hunslet flameproof diesel locomotive. (2 URLs) Guard's van. (2 URLs) Hope you like them, David (19 years ago, 11-Dec-05, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4512 Cargo Train, Dk Grey or Dk Bley?

In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Lopes wrote: [SNIP] (...) Hi Jonathan! Lego has obviously done production runs in 2004 or later. I bought sme sets of 4512 at sales prices recently. Have a look at this bundle with 4512: (URL) might get timed out for (...) (19 years ago, 10-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Kuranda Scenic Railway

(...) Well you have done it again Congrats a great job on that one. We had been disscussing that one since the last train show (The Train Group) You are a Queenslander through and through no mistaking that. All those grey curve slope WOW that would (...) (19 years ago, 10-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Kuranda Scenic Railway

(...) Cheers Eric, the brown lines is a reflection as far as I know but it looks like rust so I quite dig it. The metal on the train tracks always does strange things so I never know what it will look like until the render happens. Tim (19 years ago, 9-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Kuranda Scenic Railway

Wow, coolness, I love seeing these renders. Good build.Question: That brown line on the rail, is that a reflection of the ground? I'm not familiar with using CAD. Thanks for sharring. Build on! e (19 years ago, 9-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa's New Ride

(...) Very Cool! I love the caboose and present cars! (19 years ago, 9-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Santa's New Ride

I took some flack last year over my Family Christmas Train being too (URL) plain>, so this year I decided to, yes, actually create a Christmas Train. May I present ... "Santa's New Ride" ... (URL) Full details can be found here at (URL) Brickshelf (...) (19 years ago, 9-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.cedarlug, FTX)

  Kuranda Scenic Railway

Having been on a bit of a building fest the last week, I present one more train, this time going South to the Tropics to (URL) The Kuranda Scenic Railway>. (2 URLs) BS> and (URL) High quality render> Trying to mimic the Aboriginal artwork was (...) (19 years ago, 9-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Apartment Block model: new pictures, new kit coming

(...) Nearly forgot to post here, that the Apartment Block kit is now ready for ordering! If you're interested, please take a look here: (URL) I set the ordering cutoff for the first run to Friday, since that's today, I will extend the cutoff to (...) (19 years ago, 9-Dec-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4512 Cargo Train, Dk Grey or Dk Bley?

(...) Thank you, both. Jonathan (19 years ago, 9-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4512 Cargo Train, Dk Grey or Dk Bley?

(...) Possibly if Lego make any more of this set it will be new grey, but until then it is as Pierre says Tim (19 years ago, 9-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4512 Cargo Train, Dk Grey or Dk Bley?

(...) It's old grey. This set has been released in 2003. The colors changed in the 2004 sets. Pierre LEGO Ambassador (19 years ago, 9-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact