 Trains / 26360
Re: ChS4T - Russian loco
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 1 Jan 2006 19:59:46 GMT

Good looking, and very realistic ChS4T engine :-)

What you have built, is what I think of as a ChS4 engine, in its second
form. I'd like to see someone build a ChS4 in its original desing:
http://parovoz.com/newgallery/index.php?ID=2447&LNG=EN • --SNIP--
Honestly, Russian trains is sometimes very complicated...
BR
Sonnich

Hi Sonnich,

Thanks for all this information. I agree that the class naming conventions are
so complicated. I took the information from Paravoz but I may have been confused
or it may have been wrong.

I'd be interested in doing some of the engines you link to. Also maybe a TEP (I
think), the diesel-electric dual engines. I will probably give one of them a go
when I have some spare time.

One thing I find very interesting on your site is the amount of rolling stock. I
have had trouble finding pictures of former-Soviet rolling stock so it is a
valuable resource for me.

I'm not sure if you've seen all my other Soviet stuff but if you flick around
the trains gallery of my BS account (also there is a Trans-Siberian EMU in the
top directory which you have seen before) you should find a few. I really like
designing Russian and former-Soviet stock as it is so different from that of
other countries.

Thanks again for your comments and information.

Tim