 Trains / 26308
Re: UPDATE to the Alaskan GP38, was:A present for my Dad and a 6 wide tank car.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 19:09:35 GMT

In lugnet.trains, David VinZant wrote:
Hello all you train heads.

I just wanted to show you a birthday present I gave to my Dad. His birthday was
two weeks ago and I made him a custom engine in Alaskan Railroad colors. My Dad
is big into HO, and all his trains are in the Alaska road. So I used the BNSF
LEGO set as a guide and made him an ARR Gp38.

I made sure he had to build it. So I made insturctions using MlCad and gave him
a box full of parts. He got a kick out of building the set himself. Although I
did have to help him find some parts. ;) We made stickers for the Alaska
lettering on the sides. The sticker paper isnt clear and so I looks a littler
weird around the lettering.

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/7203

PS. I took some recent shots of my 6 wide tank cars and thought you all would
like to see them. I have three colors, Yellow, Sand Blue (Thanks James), and two
in black. I would like to do a Red one and also a Orange one.

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/7224

Thanks for checking it out.

Dave
www.GPLR.org

Hello everyone,

I just want to let everyone know that LEGO has released two sets that let me
finish the GP38 done in the Alaska RR colors. 8666 comes with 6 of the new 1x1
slopes in Yellow. 8668 comes with two of the 4x4 hood wedge part in Blue.

Racer set 8666.
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=8666_1&v=z

Racer set 8668
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=8668_1&v=z

And here is a picture of the train complete.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/legotrains/Trains/AlaskaRR/gp38_aa.jpg

Enjoy and thanks for checking it out.

Dave
www.GPLR.org