 Trains / 26305
Re: New Christmas Train - Horseshoe Bend Rail Road
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 17 Dec 2005 01:18:01 GMT

Super effort. It looks like a lot of fun.

Chris

Matthew J. Chiles wrote:
I thought it would be a good idea to make my father-in-law a Christmas Train for
his tree after he hinted that one sure would be cool, last year.  So I built
this one:¬
<http://www.auctionbrick.com/mchiles/christmastrain/index.htm<http://www.auctionbrick.com/mchiles/christmastrain/pics/roundthebend-web.jpg>>.

It turned into a rather large project figuring I would need directions for him,
so I decided to make a limited run of 10 of them to sell (currently listed on
AuctionBrick.com, and one on ebay - see the auction group for details on that).
Each has a custom box, branded with the brand of Horseshoe Bend Ranch, which the
line is named after (that and the ghost town of Horseshoe Bend, located on the
ranch).¬

Other details of note are BBB wheels (used on boiler and smokestack too),
engraved number plates (unique numbers on each engine), engraved nameplates on
tender and passenger car, and engraved logo on caboose, and a superbright
PegLight on the front.  Plus there a lighted firebox in the engine, working
driverods, and details inside all the cars.  And there are people (including
Santa) and all the needed track to go with the set.¬

Here are are some more pics of the cars.  Enjoy!¬

<http://www.auctionbrick.com/mchiles/christmastrain/engineright.htm<http://www.auctionbrick.com/mchiles/christmastrain/thumb/engineright.jpg>>

<http://www.auctionbrick.com/mchiles/christmastrain/engineleft.htm<http://www.auctionbrick.com/mchiles/christmastrain/thumb/engineleft.jpg>>

<http://www.auctionbrick.com/mchiles/christmastrain/boxcar.htm<http://www.auctionbrick.com/mchiles/christmastrain/thumb/boxcar.jpg>>

<http://www.auctionbrick.com/mchiles/christmastrain/gondola.htm<http://www.auctionbrick.com/mchiles/christmastrain/thumb/gondola.jpg>>