 Trains / 26354
Re: Russian train photo - Lego style
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 1 Jan 2006 15:14:45 GMT

"Tim Gould" <t.gould(AT@)lancaster(DOT.)ac(DOT.)uk> wrote in message
news:Is8IG7.L6s@lugnet.com...
Hi all,

While searching my favourite Russian train site the other day I came • across
<http://www.parovoz.com/newgallery/index.php?ID=21569&LNG=EN this • beautiful
photograph> of an ultra-modern Russian railbus connected to a much older • EMU. I
loved the juxtaposition of these two trains: new with old, communist • design with
captialist design, brutish with sleek, and since I had already designed • one of
the trains a while ago I decided I should replicate it.

Hmmm I didn't even know about the RA2 - there is a RA1, which is a single
car. And the ACh2, which is a single car, which can bull similar unpowered
cars. And the older ACh1 of course.
It looks like a "modular" design to me.

Here is my version of the photograph
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/timgould/Wallpapers/join_wallpaper.jpg
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/timgould/temp/join.jpg>>

The sand green train is an ER2K which is a modified version of my • trans-Siberian
EMU from a while back (made seven-wide and repainted). The other vehicle • is an
RA2 railbus and more pictures of it can be found in
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=159843 the BS gallery>.

They are not always green, though Russiand trains tend to be green with a
yellow stripe, there are lots pf colour schemes. The most common ER type is
green with a yellow stripe.

Please let me know what you think.

Very good design. It is hard to create that nose, but you have got close.

My personal faivourite is the 2TE10 or 2TE116 type. Once I should build one
:-)

PS: my page with trains here: http://www.hot.ee/railfan