 Trains / 26329
Re: Merry 9V Christmas!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 26 Dec 2005 00:29:11 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:

   You got no farbvergnugen, Ben??? ;-)

Hi John,

I hope you had a nice christmas time with some nice ABS presents aimed at you and Ross? I myself was lucky enough to get a 2000 brick bucket (free from gray bricks) and a Potter set. In fact I still have no fun with the colors from sets 2004+ ...

They might have great play value and nice part assortments, but still they do not fit into the SYSTEM I used to collect.

I got my first “Wasserleiche” into my collection now - It’s christmas time and so it came into my Minifig community. I fear my other Minifigs will see them as strangers in my private LEGOLand.

   Very clever render, Ben! Frohe Weihnachten!

Frohes Fest auch Dir, John! Was sagst Du inzwischen zu den Plastik-Eisenbahnen? Vor einigen Monaten konntest Du Dir noch nicht vorstellen, wie es sein wird, ein altes LEGO-System zu lieben. Und jetzt? Steigst Du auf Plastik-Schienen um? Wass sind die Pläne für die Zukunft?

And sorry: I didn’t wanted to rub salt into anybody’s wounds. I still feel quite relaxed about the toy trains. I have spent lots of money into spare 9V motors and 4512 sets recently - that will last for ages till I run out of spares.

Additionally I think the toy train pictures we have seen now appearing at bricklink look better than expected (less toyish as feared).

I still wonder, that there are no public speculations about an end of 9V trains here at lugnet. Seems that lots of people do not care about this at all. Or are we all just so patient to wait till we see all advantages and disadvantages when the trains are available at last?

I myself will wait. But for now and in near future I see no need to switch my train system again. I switched from 12V to 9V not earlier than 1999 (because I had several dozens of 12V engines running on more than 130 meters of track....). Today I own more than 40 9V motors and again 100+ meters of 9V track, so I will overthink it twice before I launch again into a new system (which additionally will not promise any Farbvergnügen to me).

Leg Godt!

P.s.: The reder of the LEGO train christmas tree has been done engine by engine (using ortographic camera for my first time) and photoshopped later to the complete picture. With all 7 engines in one render-file my PC system crashed, because the occupied RAM memory overstepped 4 Gbytes.