 Trains / 26342
Re: First Steamer - Russian L class
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 2005 23:43:14 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote:
--SNIP--

Dear Tim,

thanks for your nice replay. And I agrre: the 7750 wheel sets are really a pain
to get via Bricklink and all other market places. I own a few of them but never
enough... And the price aims only at one direction: always up.

****

Concerning potential to improve your loco I can make out only two minor weak
spots: I miss the feeding pump (or whatever) in the very front (on left hand
side in driving direction).

There is a "structure" above the horizontal red bar in the very front (next to
one of the two stairways which lead up to the boiler). It is visible above the
small red wheel in the front of this engine (the length of it is similar to the
diameter of the boiler: so it might be important to be modelled into the LEGO
design - at least I love structures which break the symmetry):

http://www.parovoz.com/newgallery/index.php?ID=5027&LNG=EN

I think this could be a boiler feeding pump or a generator for electricity? Last
guess: air compressor for break?

Leg Godt!

Ben