 Trains / 18163 (-100)
  Re: This is odd...

In all fairness. the LEGO® train motor does not have that much inherent tractive effort to begin with...hence the addition of rubber traction tires on the wheels. The train motor was designed to pull only their assigned train cars within a set (i.e. (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  This is odd...

My 0-4-0T Porter can easily pull about 3 times the load that my 4-8-4 Greenbrier can. WHY!?!?! Does anyone have a suggestion about why the little one pulls so well? The 4-8-4 has about the weight of the Porter at the rear over the motor, and runs (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Legoworld 2002 - a brief review (and a longer one)

(...) I agree with Reinhard, it's been an incredible event and we all have had a grand time. A warm "thank you" from the Italian group to De Bouwsteen for having organized Legoworld 2002 and for having invited us, even providing free accommodation. (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

(...) what you have done here seems to be exactely what the German guy did (the links I gave at the first message of this thread). Only his description where to cut has been so fuzzy, that even I as a German did not fully understand him.... But your (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

(...) This is exactly what you must NOT do! Don't push it down, the axle must push the pin UP... Goal is NOT to press the axle down, goal is to use the 'snap-hight' of the axle-end as a 0,6 mm filler for the (too much) space in this new molds. After (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Collection of LEGOWORLD 2002 picture gallery links

(...) Of course 'we' are all going to do it again! I certainly will, one more year with the Pirates-theme !! And in 2003 we expect at least a JumboJet full of US-afols + their Lego to participate/visit .... ;-) The chance to show-off your (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Collection of LEGOWORLD 2002 picture gallery links

XFUT to .trains since many of these galleries have significant train content. Thanks for consolidating these all together for the group, Manfred! I'm sorry I missed all the fun. Maybe next year. That's assuming you're all going to do it again? (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

(...) ... I tried. For step 2, I used one #3673 Technic Pin and two cut-up part #3749 (Technic, Axle Pin). The middle rib isn't quite as wide, and it made it easier not to push it in too far (and I have more of them.) I found that after step 3, it (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: TGV Duplex Instructions On-line

The TGV Duplex Instructions folder is now public. Links below, including via the B.I. Portal link below. later, James Mathis (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.inst)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

Oh yeah the "before" - "after" cross section graphic was exaggerated. I imagine that removing only a small amount of the inside corner will do the trick. SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

Taking the low road... I was thinking how to shave off some plastic from the wheel flange. And it's not that big of a deal the roundness of the flange isn't as critical as the the roundness of the wheel tread. But then it hit me, using a small (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

A funny thing that I noticed wrt changes in train wheels happened right around 1996, specifically in set 2126 (the 4 train cars). It seems that the center hole is not "true" center or the wheels where not "true" round. I recall making several 2 axle (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes: Ok, I have now 12 wheel sets in front of me: ***...***+ 4x from a MISB Metroliner 4558 from ca 1991...1994 Never run a single meter so far.... Measured for all 4 wheel sets (no bigger difference (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

(...) While this might not work so well if done on ALL wheels, doing it on only one wheelset/wagon or one/bogie it might actually improve running qualities. You'd get the compensated suspention model railroaders always try to build into their (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

Hi all, Everything is said about this bad wheel molds, I hope (and EXPECT) Lego will make new molds in short time!! More interesting: HOW DO WE GET OUR WHEELS TO WORK PROPERLY??? .... without to much work. :-) Please check out the pics I uploaded, (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) It is mentioned here: (URL) wrote:*** I asked around this morning and discovered something interesting about the train wheels. The train wheels are one of the few items that are manufactured by a third party. We discovered that there were some (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) I believe you're right but I can't find it for some reason. It's rare that LUGNET(tm) search fails me but it did this time. I know it's out there and not that long ago either. Just can't find it. (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) What is kind of weird is that I don't think (and I could well be wrong) that the needles at the axle tips are actually doing anything, bearing wise. I've looked at both black and grey wheelsets and it looks to me like all the bearing action is (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) I largely agree. I'll have to check, but did Jake not indicate that this was all caused by an unauthorised change made by a supplier? If this is the case, then the supplier should be compensating TLG for the cost of making things right (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) trouble: (...) wheel (...) That is more accurate description. But that is the point: the wheel touches the frame. Of course any rotor should only be in touch with the none-rotating system via its bearings. (...) cross-tracks: (...) this only 2 (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

In lugnet.trains, Paul S. D'Urbano writes: <snipped most of your excellent analysis> (...) I think this is the crux! LD is indeed doing many things right. Let's keep digging to see if we can help analyse this and come up with a way for LD to fix (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: TGV Duplex Instructions On-line

Cross-posting to lugnet.inst (...) Jake --- Jake McKee LEGO Enthusiast Webmaster - B.I. Portal (URL) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

Hi Ben, (...) I think I've observing the same thing with my wheel blocks but I'm a little confused with where you describe the trouble occurring. In the pictures you provided I couldn't quite tell where the Dremeling was done but this is probably (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Have any of you wacky trainheads seen t his?

(...) (URL) (6 months or so ago) and (URL) (15 months ago, site only not this backyard dealiethingamabob) and (URL) (3 years ago, site only not this backyard dealiethingamabob) I need to show those pics to my wife more (whenever she hassles me about (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Off-topic.clones: I wish TLG would have made this part!

(...) Okay, now I get it (I hadn't seen that pic yet). Reminds me of some Europeans (foggy memory alert; help anyone?) who built a train of simply constructed bricks, sort of like what my son did here: (URL) it's a start:-) -John (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.trains)

  TGV Duplex Instructions On-line

Step-by-step building instructions are available. There are 135 steps (images), all in the same folder. Sorry for the potential lengthy download time. The MLCad .mpd file is also in the step-by-step instructions folder. TGV Duplex Building (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Have any of you wacky trainheads seen t his?

(URL) I FUT to ot.fun, or is this sufficiently train-related to stay here? I ask only because I so recently violated the purity of lugnet.trains, and I'd hate to be twice struck by curator lightning... 8^) Dave! (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  The Moffat Tunnel...

(URL) night I started working on the West end of the Moffat Tunnel. I am still deciding if I will do the East end. Also I think there is a building next to the tunnel so I still need to add that. I included a picture that I used to build the tunnel. (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Legoworld 2002 - a brief review (and a longer one)

Ben, Thank you for the report on your adventure to Legoworld 2002. Nice pictures and commentary on your experience. What a wonderful venue and enormous attendence. Glad your locomotive hauled the tracks well. :-) later, James Mathis (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it)

  SCLTC to present at BricksWest 2003

Come all to BricksWest 2003 and attend the train sessions. The SCLTC has been invited to do a session on "The Making Of a Multi-Dimensional Train Layout". We'll run thru the initial design, sync-ing up with each other, infrastructure, and bricking (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  SCLTC to present BricksWest 2003

Come all to BricksWest 2003 and attend the train sessions. The SCLTC has been invited to do a session on "The Making Of a Multi-Dimensional Train Layout". We'll run thru the initial design, sync-ing up with each other, infrastructure, and bricking (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: My latest train MOCs...

Very nice. It's a rainbow train! ;^) -Stefan- (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Legoworld 2002 - a brief review (and a longer one) - THE WRITER EXPOSED !

(...) Oops... Sorry for causing this mess. Too many new names + too many faces to get to know all of them in these few days. Thanks for completing the list of involved people. Kind Regards, Ben (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Legoworld 2002 - a brief review (and a longer one) - THE WRITER EXPOSED !

(...) Hope you got your shot of that Italian :D My pictures can be found at (URL) , sorted by day. (...) I'll be there! (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: Legoworld 2002 - a brief review (and a longer one) - THE WRITER EXPOSED !

(...) Thanks for your enthusiasm, it was great and you had also your contribute to this succes. But I will correct some. The president of the club is not Paul Wolters but Paul Koelewijn. Paul Wolters was responsible for the relation (and daily at (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Legoworld 2002 - a brief review (and a longer one) - THE WRITER EXPOSED !

(...) (URL) Klaas, for posting your pictures. But are you sure, that this picture is taken at the end of the day? I would guess it has been taken in the early morning of Sunday before the public came in (which means I had the longest sleep of the (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it)

  Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

Dear all, a German Afol posted the (maybe only his?) solution to the wheelblock trouble: (URL) in German) He found out, that most troubles were caused by wheels that touched the wheel blocks in 12 o'clock position. And of course that is the more the (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Legoworld 2002 - a brief review (and a longer one) - THE WRITER EXPOSED !

Ben himself, after a LONG day of serious train-business :-) (URL) you soon, Ben! Klaas (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Train Derailment, recovery and rail repair

(...) ROSCO (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: VLC attends the Train & Hobby show in Chilliwack BC Canada! Pics!

(...) (2 URLs) (and others) (...) These can both be blamed on our teenage genius, David Gagnon :-) The gondola works, yes, although it was being a bit temperamental (throwing gears, broken axles etc). It was also on our layout last year. The bent (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  My latest train MOCs...

(URL) got the idea for these from an HO Walthers cataloge. The first design was a completly black car with a white strip along it with a white door. Then I changed the design to be a colored car with a black window line. It might be a bit hard to (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Off-topic.clones: I wish TLG would have made this part!

(...) Well obviously it's because I deleted the part that was relevant to trains before posting it. If you had bothered to read the part I didn't post, it would all be clear to you. My train-related question, since Tony's engrooved bricks first (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

I'd like to say that this is one of the best layouts ever; from the sub-structure on up! I don't know where to start and I'm speechless, so... WOW. SteveB (left wanting) PNLTC (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Off-topic.clones: I wish TLG would have made this part!

(...) I'm wondering why this leaked over into .trains... I would say that if there are only 2 bins, "official LEGO(r) parts", and "everything else" these parts belong in the "everything else" bin. But the better solution is a different bin (library) (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: VLC attends the Train & Hobby show in Chilliwack BC Canada! Pics!

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:H4DvpE.K4C@lugnet.com... (...) at (...) of (...) for (...) It was a large layout, with very diverse sight lines. 275 pics is a lot. That's why I did the many pages of thumbnails. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Container Cars

Hi Jeff, Critique to follow, don't mean to be too negitive :) I just looked at your car and wondered why 7 wide? I don't see how the 7th stud did anything for you on this design, the foot print is still 4 wide between the 1x2 tiles with-rod-on-top. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Off-topic.clones: I wish TLG would have made this part!

(...) I wonder--since these parts still have the official LEGO logo on the studs, would they even have a place in a clones DB? You've mentioned previously a possible library of dats based on user-modified elements; perhaps Tony's bricks would fit in (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

(...) A lot of people use laptops, where 1024x768 is most common, and that still required scrolling. Most of the time, I didn't bother since I could see enough of the image. Older folks also usually run at lower resolutions so they can read text (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: VLC attends the Train & Hobby show in Chilliwack BC Canada! Pics!

(...) Yup the Chairlift operates, It was built by David G. We actually had a working one last year but David changed the cars. I thought it was more reliable this year, although I only was at the show for about 3 hours. (...) This is another one of (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Container Cars

(...) Nope, I just had a quick look, I think what you see is a 2 x 2 tile, which does make it look odd.. Sorry for the high angle, I installed the l3p add on lastnight, and did not get a chance to figure out the angles... Thanks fr the feedback! (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Legoworld 2002 - a brief review (and a longer one)

Dear Lego Enthusiasts! Today the biggest (and greatest!) Lego Fest ever will find its end. I myself had the chance to attend Legoword 2002 in Zwolle/Netherlands for 3 of the 5 days. So here comes my brief report about it: "LEGOWORLD 2002 HAS BEEN (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it) !!

  Re: Container Cars

(...) good thinking! That problem with too tight grip by the well of the car means that even the hand cranked cranes in, for example 4549, don't always grip snugly enough. I tried using 1x2 thinwalls but the tile with rod on top solution seems (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1st NovaLUG Meeting at Truro (NS) Train Show

(...) Congratulations! Loved all the monorails! Also the incline with slanted car, and the 4.5v display items. Clever battery box disguise! I am taken by how much action you managed to pack into a small layout. I'm also impressed (and pleased) that (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.ns, lugnet.loc.ca.nb, lugnet.loc.ca.pe, lugnet.loc.ca.nf, lugnet.trains)

  Re: VLC attends the Train & Hobby show in Chilliwack BC Canada! Pics!

(...) Very nice. There are a lot of images to go through though, to get a sense of what's all there, though. This may be one of the few times I was wishing for less to look at. I liked the chairlift: (URL) (and others) ... can you give more info on (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

(...) Like my shark? =) There's plenty more details which didn't make it onto the site, so I hope I can get more images up! (...) I find a mousewheel quite useful in such situations! I've been to some galleries where the prev/next options are on the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

(...) Very nice. Looks like a very impressive layout. Lots of great details. However you might want to consider rearranging some of the graphics along the top of your gallery pages so that the images fit onto an 800x600 (that's the current design (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Cow & calf switcher engines and my (pathetic) train layout

(...) I think you just need to resize. It's not about composition so much as scaling down what you take after you're done. For example this one (URL) at 1972x1272 could easily be resized to say 1/4 the size with no loss in impact. Most image (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Derailment, recovery and rail repair

(URL) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains)

  Container Cars

For our next train show rtlToronto is planning an automated sea to rail shipping yard, I have been looking at a few of the container car designs around from James Mathis and Thomas Burger.. both designs are wonderful, but after building the wagons (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cow & calf switcher engines and my (pathetic) train layout

(...) Well, you know what they say about the sincerest form of flatterty... (...) I was wondering when you would. (...) Yeah I'm still new to digital photography and have the toughest time making them smaller and still fit the subject in the frame! (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My "Legends" building spree

(...) True. Very few steam locos didn't have _some_ exposed motion. (...) (URL) a separate tender, no. But a canteen car, yes. (URL) for all kinds og Garratt photos/info. (URL) for NA geared steam locos. (does not include the Sentinel of ANDco, (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cow & calf switcher engines and my (pathetic) train layout

(...) Hey, I like it. Looks kind of familiar, though. L0L... Interesting to see that design put onto wagon plates. You beat me to a calf, I've been meaning to do one and just haven't got round to it... (...) You might want to consider resizing them, (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  VLC attends the Train & Hobby show in Chilliwack BC Canada! Pics!

The VLC is proud to present some of the pictures taken this past weekend at the first showing of our new almost complete layout! This layout (our 3rd) had the following goals: Not just train/town, we wanted something different. Automation, as much (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Cow & calf switcher engines and my (pathetic) train layout

Here's my attempt at a small switching engine with a matching calf unit. Also, there's a few pics of my current train layout. (URL) Bob (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: My "Legends" building spree

(...) Yea, they do bear some resemblance to a Beyer-Garrat, but if we look for weird things they might look like, they actually look most like a Shay, Heisler, or Climax (or a few other less well known geared locomotives). Of course without the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ROUNDHOUSE builders Rejoice

(...) You will also have to modify the 12v conductor rails to be able to attach them to 9v track. They have protrusions on the underside which interfere with the studs on the 9v ties (remember, 9v track has half the tie spacing that grey era 12v (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Virtual Amtrak

The Trains magazine issue October 2002 has a nice interview with "America's Only Train Designer", Cesar Vergara. Inspired by this article and the design sketches and computer illustrations of the Amtrak Genesis and the proposed Amtrak Talgo (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: My "Legends" building spree

(...) Just to prolong the issue for no good reason (apart from perhaps stopping newbies asking the same question again ;-) my Dad reckons that the MOT train set/bundle from Shop@Home looks like the sort of thing you get chugging around Africa. So, (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New pictures LEGOWORLD 2002

Thank you! I didn't even realise you were picturing our little animation display. Looks like the people on this picture: (URL) really enjoying themselves with the film. Thanks a lot! I'll see if I can get my pictures uploaded today. Stefan. -- --- (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Call for expressions of interest: train *operation* get-together

Kevin Maynes wrote in message ... (...) for (...) first (...) At this point, my plan would be to either use James P's DCC motors (by far the most convenient solution) or split the layout into sections (the old fashioned model RR solution). Each (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  New MOCs on Lgauge.com

I finally got around to updating www.lgauge.com with some new MOCs. Please take a look - feedback is always welcome. (URL) MOCs include: Double ended "Super Chief" Freelance 10020 Diesel Round Roof Box Car Hogs Head Box Car Double Door Box Car (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Larry's Transformer Car

Got my mother a Webtv last Christmas, and I set her up on half a dozen sites...including Bricklink. I told her that if she gave me a LEGO® related gift, it had to be a train (she also found a set 554 Exxon Fuel Pumper on eBay) Super Mom comes (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Larry's Transformer Car

(...) Glad you liked it! I *thought* I had a customer that was being a bit evasive, ( grin ) LMK if you want your letter reprinted. (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New pictures LEGOWORLD 2002

I'm sorry, forgot to set the proper fut. It was only meant to be posted in loc.nl I asked Jeroen if he could tell more about the Q&A session with Brad Justus. Houdoe, Saskia (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: New pictures LEGOWORLD 2002

Helaas duurt het nog even voor de foto's public zijn denk ik. Maar is er iemand die toevallig een beetje meegeschreven heeft tijdens de Q&A met Brad Justus? M.a.w. Vertel, vertel, vertel!! Also some pictures of a small Q&A with (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it)

  New pictures LEGOWORLD 2002

Hi all, While helping Jaco out on the LDraw stand I made some pictures (mostly town/train related) of some of the people and their models and what was going on at the LDraw-stand. There's Reinhard Beneke, Ludo Soeten, the very friendly people from (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: ROUNDHOUSE builders Rejoice

(...) Sorry for the delay.. Jason you are right however, the solution is even easier then that by adding a 12v conducting rail the the center of the 9 volt track. I didn't post lastnight about this because I do not have any 12v conducting rails or (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More LEGOworld 2002 pictures

It was one of two pillars with traintrack surrounding with a bridge between them. You can see better pictures on: (URL) Bogaard "Peter Young" <pyoung@liveitnerd.com> wrote in message news:H4A2uv.Kwy@lugnet.com... (...) sure (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: ROUNDHOUSE builders Rejoice

Wayne, The only way I can think of solving the problem would be to have the turntable wheels running on 12v. This way you would have two controllers one for the turntable and one for the two rails above. Jason (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

Great photos! Some awesome works there! One construction I wasn't too sure on is picture 136-3653_img.jpg. What is it? Peter Young. "Wendel Bogaard" <w.bogaard@chello.nl> wrote in message news:H46p1E.BGt@lugnet.com... (...) 18th (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Call for expressions of interest: train *operation* get-together

I too will be watching with great interest. While I'm in no position to ask for such, I'm certainly hoping there will be a thorough debriefing once the first operation session has gone over. My biggest point of query at the moment is about the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Larry's Transformer Car

Just received a gift from my mother the other day, an MTW transformer car! Nice piece of work Larry, although I'll change a couple of colors (on the transformer)...it was a joy to build. -Harvey (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ROUNDHOUSE builders Rejoice

<Snippage> (...) Actually, I didn't get that far and found myself wondering the best way to do it. I have two ideas that I am working on just trying to figure out which one is better. My main design overall was to figure out HOWTO overcome the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ROUNDHOUSE builders Rejoice

In lugnet.trains, Wayne Sardullo writes: {{edited}} (...) Wayne all I can say is yes :) You've solved the problem I was having which was getting power to the two rails above. How do you stop the train on the top of the turntable from moving when you (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Remote controlled webcam and train

Hi! I have build a remote controlled webcam with Mindstorms and the program WebBrick. If you follow this link (URL) based stream, dosen't work on all computers - or (URL) Java free, but reload the picture only after 5 seconds) you can control the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  ROUNDHOUSE builders Rejoice

In all my travels I have never really seen the the best solution for a LARGE scale Turntable for a round house. I found that Alcohol actually improves building design... I'm not going to go into some big thesis about how the solution came about but (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How long would you let a motor run?

(...) Perhaps Dan Parker can step up with a answer for this one. I'd say fairly well indefinitely @ room temp (70F). It _should_ be OK...try it and find out, I suspect that is going to be the best answer. There is also the load to be (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  How long would you let a motor run?

This has probably been discussed before, but my quick search of lugnet.trains didn't turn up anything. How long would you let a train motor run? Has anyone put a train on some sort of automatic timer to let it rest every now and then? Thanks, Mike (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More LEGOworld 2002 pictures

(...) It looks like we're already seeing evidence that the peeron inventory of it is a bit off (not that I don't appreciate the work that went into its creation!) There's visibly more than 2 6x12 grey tiles. I'd suggest that perhaps the # of 6x12 (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: More LEGOworld 2002 pictures

Whoops, these were not deep linked. Let's try that again: Trains and town (URL) Wars (Star Destoyer!) (URL) hope this works better. "Wendel Bogaard" <w.bogaard@chello.nl> wrote in message news:H46p1E.BGt@lugnet.com... (...) 18th (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: dome car concept

(...) Tommy Armstrong (the engraver) has a Bricklink store: (URL) should give you all of the info you need. -John (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My "Legends" building spree

(...) Larry - we said the same about the engines when they came out. I think TLC have aimed for the middle-ground and missed! Let's face it, no-one's going to own up to having these engines in their country. They're pretty good sets, nevertheless. I (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  More LEGOworld 2002 pictures

More pictures of LEGOworld 2002 in Zwolle (the Netherlands) on October 18th 2002!!! Check: (URL) reviewed. Some previews: Town and trains (URL) Wars (URL) Potter (URL) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Largest train car dimensions?

(...) Okay, here is my advice. If you are going to build a car specifically for the LUCNY display, build it to the tolerances your club uses. If they run 6 wide cars, stick to 6 wide. 8 wide, then 8 wide. Anything that you build that deviates from (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: dome car concept

I know that you guys ordered those corrugated bricks from the engravers, but could you send me the engravers actual contact info? Addy, phone, and email? thanks Also, if I may ask, how much did they charge you per brick or per 10? 100? I would like (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My "Legends" building spree

(...) That's really weird! A lot of US proto modelers find them rather more european than they care for. Must be they're actually somewhere in the middle, in the zone where they don't look 100% right to either camp. (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some LEGOWorld 2002 pictures

(...) Jan-Albert, thanks very much for the pics! Looks like a good time is going to be had by all. (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Largest train car dimensions?

8 is largest then? 10 "level trackside details" means things on sides of track get destroyed? reason for me to ask i make car for lucny. most in group like trains. i want to make car for lucny display. my contribute to group. -- Duane Drumm "Stefan (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Largest train car dimensions?

(...) While people have made 10-12 stud wide trains, those have a tendency to level trackside details. General large standard is 8 wide or possibly 9 wide. Hope that helps. -Stefan- (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some LEGOWorld 2002 pictures

(...) We saved plenty of space for you and some people from Italy, around 5-3 IIRC. And we can always make more space very easily, the layout so far is very spacious! And car accidents : watch out for those dutch drivers, they drive like madmen :D (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.nl)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact